Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does anyone know about Incendiary ammunition? I don't want to post whore results from a website and say they are facts or anything, so thats why I am asking about it. Theres a description on it and says that the actual forward portion of the projectile is loaded with a Barium/Aluminum compound and when it strikes a relitively solid object, it detonates creating a bright flash at 3,000*F and will then of course ignite anything else around that can basicaly catch fire (combustable materials.)

Thats cool, if its true.

$19.95 - pack of 10 all calibers

This place also sells armor piercing ammunition, and says the projectiles have hardened steel cores/tungsten carbide, but only for the .223 Remmington 5.56 NATO and the 7.62x39mm Chineese.

$9.95 for 10 - 223 Remm. (NATO) 5.56
$19.95 for 10 - 7.62x39mm

Check this out this is cool, this is called the Starburst Ammunition. Basically an Incediary round with Titanium flakes. It does the flash like the Incendiary with a shower of sparks in a 6-8 foot diameter. Oh and both ammunitions meet SAAMI specifications. I actually called the guy about it and he said he shot this from 60-70 feet with a 40caliber handgun, at a street sign of some sort....

Now thats cool! Again, if it's true.

$21.95 package of 10, all calibers

Some pretty pricy stuff lol.

This is a cool website everyone check all the stuff out and write back what you think of all this crazy stuff....!!! LOL

[Perimeter Alarm Systems & Accessories]
[Fuse & Pyrotechnics]
[Smoke Generating Devices]
[Survival & Camping Supplies]
[Novelty Items]
[Specialized Gun Accessories]
[AK Parts]
[HK Parts]
[M-16 Full-Auto Spare Parts]
[M-2 Carbine Parts]
[Ruger Mini-30]
[Sten Gun Accessories & Parts]
[Tracer / Incendiary / AP Components]
[Tracer Ammunition]
[Incendiary Ammunition]
[Spotter Ammunition]
[Starburst Ammunition]
[Devastator Ammunition]
[Handgun Flares]
[Pocket Pistol Defense Ammunition]
[Armor Piercing Ammunition]
[Grenade Launching Devices & Cartridges]
[Sabots]
[Specialized Shotshell Ammunition]
[26.5 & 37mm Products]
[Military Manuals]
[Planispheres]
[Order Form]

http://www.hi-vel.com/Catalog__17/catalog__17.html

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, agreed. Dude look under novelties, he's got some weird stuff. I am wondering about these incendiary's though, has anyone ever shot one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Vel used to be the supplier to the Atf sometime in the late 70s early 80s then the ATF cancelled the contract with them b/c they failed to seal the primers and they sometimes would not work when needed. Now jump forward a couple years and atleast in New mexico where I was at the time the they had some out that wasnt legal according to the ATF and the Gun store saleing it was shut down all that wassnt sold was confescated and they tried to use recepits to get the rest. Now to modern day as far as I know they are all legal but havent tried any of their new stuff. Now that is what I know about Hi Vel.

·
Registered
98 Posts
oh yeah great stuff. if you ever actually used it you can expect two things.

1. Well your honor II wasnt content to use ammo that would merely stop my opponent I wanted to turn him into a human candle and watch him burn to death.

2. uh....Mr Manson which bunk is yours?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was under the impression it was illegal to manufacture steel core ammunition that can used in a pistol. Wouldn't that eliminate .223 because of the AR-15 pistols (and T/C Contender, if memory serves)?

I thought this was why all the cheap Chinese steel-core 7.62x39 disappeared, after some company made an SKS or AK-47 receiver into a pistol.

-James

·
Registered
388 Posts
Meta4 said:
I was under the impression it was illegal to manufacture steel core ammunition that can used in a pistol.
I thought so, too, but I believe that Federal Hydrashock uses a steel center post. Federal's site makes no mention of it, but a number of ammunition-related websites concur on the matter.

Meta4 said:
Wouldn't that eliminate .223 because of the AR-15 pistols (and T/C Contender, if memory serves)?
Not necessarily. It's somewhat like the laws preventing those who are under 21 years of age from purchasing handgun ammo. Because certain calibers (.45 ACP, .22 LR) are used in both handguns and rifles, it is generally up to the retailer to determine in which type of gun they believe the ammunition will be used. I know for a fact that this is the situation in PA.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.hi-vel.com/Catalog__17/catalog__17.html

The link works.

Dragoon44:
oh yeah great stuff. if you ever actually used it you can expect two things.

1. Well your honor II wasnt content to use ammo that would merely stop my opponent I wanted to turn him into a human candle and watch him burn to death.

2. uh....Mr Manson which bunk is yours?
LMAO!!! :lol: I was not thinking of that Incediary round by any means for home defense hahah

Some people on this forum live in areas where they can basicaly shoot under no supervision but there own. I just figured somebody has shot some of these "exotics" at some point in time, maybe not Hi Vel ammunition; I assumed there are other manufactors of "exotic" ammunition. Are there?

It was just a question, anybody? I would try that stuff if I didn't live in Houston and was in a safe open area, I would bring some old furniture or something LOL.

BubbainHouston, what type of ammunition from Hi Vel were the ATF using? The Devestator I would assume...

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Meta4 said:
I was under the impression it was illegal to manufacture steel core ammunition that can used in a pistol. Wouldn't that eliminate .223 because of the AR-15 pistols (and T/C Contender, if memory serves)?

I thought this was why all the cheap Chinese steel-core 7.62x39 disappeared, after some company made an SKS or AK-47 receiver into a pistol.

-James
Yes for a comlany to sell it as such. But not for you to buy the componants and make it for your own use. 7.62x54r Albanian ammo has a steel core, not designed as AP, but it is steel core. You can pick up this brass cased ammo with a magnet! So, you take the bullets out and use them in you x39 case and you knoe have steel core ammo for your AK pistol. That is the only loophole, for now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This website sells it ready to fire though. Tungsten carbide core, or hardened steel cores. Ready to fire though.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
XD 40 mike said:
This website sells it ready to fire though. Tungsten carbide core, or hardened steel cores. Ready to fire though.
It may be old stock, just like Black talons and it depends what the incediary is made of...maganese, or phospherence(sp). It could be aluminum powder and carbon oxide(rust) with a little salt peter, like thermite. Who knows, they do sell ammo like that for your shot gun for "agricultural uses" from RPB if they are still around. Use to see there add in Shotgun News for all kinds of goofy ammo. AP ammo is easy to make, to defeat body armor only though. Flechette rounds will do it as long as the the vest does not have the "AK" plate in it. Hot glue a steel ball bearing into the recess of a heavy +p bullet and you've just made a SABOT round, but it is very illegal to do so. A friend of mine in the IDF in Isreal use to load 1/8" drill bits into brass 12ga shotgun cases for his Mossburg so he could get to people inside cars. Not very accurate or practical, but did a good job of shredding. He also had a Winchester with yhe end of the barrel squeezed, so the pellets would come out like a fan. Pretty ood scare factor, but no good unless the target was in tall grass or you needed to cover a large section of a room. The best spread was 10' from 15' away with bird shot, might not kill ya but would certainly get you attention.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for responding in my thread, lots of good and intresting information. I am relitively new to this so I have to ask, what is a SABOT round? Also the discription under the Incediary round says the actual forward portion of the projectile is loaded with a Barium/Aluminum compound and ignites a bright flash at 3,000*F.

Do you think its pretty badass or no? A hoax?

Its also says,
DEVASTATOR AMMUNITION
THE ULTIMATE SELF-DEFENSE AMMUNITON. THE PROJECTILE CONTAINS A SPECIAL DETONATING COMPOUND THAT GREATLY INCREASES STOPPING POWER BY VIRTUALLY DELIVERING ALL THE KINETIC ENERGY INTO THE BODY. PRODUCES A WOUND CHANNEL 3-4 TIMES THE BULLET DIAMETER. WORKS WITH ANY FIREARM.
I only ask because you seem to have some knowledge of cool ammuntion.

And do you know any other places that sell these types of "exotic" ammunition?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Verm said:
hmmm, they seem to have alot of goodies for Class 3 owners and those with the permits.
what is the deal with this "class 3" stuff?

what is "class 3"?

by "class 3" do you mean a C&R FFL license? if so your wrong.

i know many guys who legaly own silenced/full auto weapons, and they never had to get any license for them....

where did this whole "class 3" thing come from? is there such thing in different states? there isnt anything like it in texas.

·
Registered
114 Posts
therooster said:
Verm said:
hmmm, they seem to have alot of goodies for Class 3 owners and those with the permits.
what is the deal with this "class 3" stuff?

what is "class 3"?

by "class 3" do you mean a C&R FFL license? if so your wrong.

i know many guys who legaly own silenced/full auto weapons, and they never had to get any license for them....

where did this whole "class 3" thing come from? is there such thing in different states? there isnt anything like it in texas.
You must have a class 3 to own a fully automatic weapon. Check the BATF's website. It's federal law.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
You must have a class 3 to own a fully automatic weapon. Check the BATF's website. It's federal law.

No you must have a Class 3 to MANUFACTURE or own post 1986 examples of auto weapons. You can legally own a full auto weapon as long as the weapon itself is transferable, your state has no laws banning them, AND you pass the background check (sometimes takes up to a year) and you pay the $200 tax stamp from the BATF. The jast two are the same as for owning short barreled weapons, took me 5 months to get approval for my krinkov that I built.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
XD 40 mike said:
I am relitively new to this so I have to ask, what is a SABOT round?
It's a depleted uranium round used by tanks to poke nice holes in other armored vehicles.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts