Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just left a local gun shop that has at least two dozen or more rifles at pre-election prices. Everthing from Wilson, DPMS, RRA and everthing in between. I went to get some parts kits and they have a couple dozen of them as well. The mags are there but saddly they have went up by about half. Good luck! Here's a link to there site:
Whittaker Guns ;)

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Ive been to Whittakers several times,always great prices and good people.Humm under your name it says your in TX but Whittakers is in Ky.Anyway its a great shop.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
It's good to know that some gun shops were smart and stocked up on AR's. My local shops had zero foresight in predicting that AR sales would sky rocket after the election. I had a bad feeling about McCain's chances, so I started aquiring BEFORE the election. The shops in my area had only a half dozen or so AR's before the rush. They could have sold 100-200 if they had them in stock.

I only hope that this will be a lesson and the local stores will order more AR's to have on hand.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Just as a side note I contacted C Products about 4 of their 20 rd stainless straight bodied mags, apparently they are so back ordered that it will be at least 5 weeks before delivery.:(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Everyone--

It's been a while since i've posted here. shot over 1400rds through my xd45 with ZERO problems. I love that gun.

I'm looking for my first AR. I've been looking at RRA, DPMS, BM to name a few. Mostly, I'm just looking for a solid NATO 5.56 gun for 700-1000 bucks.

I read the thread on how to buy an AR (awesome sticky)...but am really looking for where to actually get one. .....and to get ammo. it seems that our new leader is really helping gun sales roar right now.

I'm in Scottsdale if that helps anyone!

My Best,

matt

870 Tac
XD 45c

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Humm under your name it says your in TX but Whittakers is in Ky.Anyway its a great shop.
Yeah I am in KY, about 30 min south of Whitt's. I just listed Arlen,TX in keeping with the Avatar of my hero Dale Gribble (AKA Rusty Shackleford).;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thats great info, thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I purchased my beretta and my XD40SC both from Whittakers. Love the place. Called the other day about a Ruger LCP and they still laughed at me. Didn't even think about them having an AR type in stock since most everyone else is out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts