Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted a 1911 so bad but thought Id have to wait until next year to get one...until a guy at work told me he wanted my XD. SOLD!!! 2 weeks later I pick up this beauty...
Kimber Ultra Carry II .45

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
congrats on the 1911, too bad about the XD

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Nice trade! Now just geta XDM .45 and all will be well with the force.:)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Congrats! Buy yourself some Kimpro Tac mags, go shoot that thing with some 230gr. ammo weather its ball or HP and report back.

I suggest 230gr. ammo since your better off reliability wise and its perfectly fine for defense if you decide to carry it. In my experience and from reports of other smaller 1911 owners, the lighter ammo can cause issues.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gents.

Nakanokalronin This is definitely going to be my carry as soon as I find a should rig for winter carry and then next spring my Milt Sparks VMII is due in and I'll carry it with that.

Rbrad1 I would buy an XDm .45 but as of now I am DONE with plastic. Hooked on the aluminum and steel now.

CdInAz its ok it bit the dust, because for every one XD owner that moves 2 more new XD owners take his place lol.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sweet lil piece there sir! I'd love to get a compact 1911 to accompany my TLE, but my wife has made it quite clear that I am at my limit on number of handguns (the holy trinity: revolver, 1911, and polymer) and I would have to lose one to acquire another.

I expect a range report, wanna see how that baby spits!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Thanks Gents.

Nakanokalronin This is definitely going to be my carry as soon as I find a should rig for winter carry and then next spring my Milt Sparks VMII is due in and I'll carry it with that.

Rbrad1 I would buy an XDm .45 but as of now I am DONE with plastic. Hooked on the aluminum and steel now.

CdInAz its ok it bit the dust, because for every one XD owner that moves 2 more new XD owners take his place lol.
I agree...my carry is my R1. The "plastic" guns will hold more ammo, but I am a much better shot with the 1911. Could be that it was the first pistol I shot and carried while a MP.
To me, it just says "TOUGH".

·
Registered
17,695 Posts
I wanted a 1911 so bad but thought Id have to wait until next year to get one...until a guy at work told me he wanted my XD. SOLD!!! 2 weeks later I pick up this beauty...
Kimber Ultra Carry II .45
What did that run you? My all steel 1991A1 is getting heavy and I want something lighter. Is there a composite frame 1911 out there that's worth a darn?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on a good trade...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts