Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new townhome Friday so since Friday night up to today I have been moving into it. (still have a couple more days to go to get everything in)
Out of habit, I stuck my XDSC into my IWB and went about moving. I am not a small guy and I hate heat so I was sweating pretty heavy all weekend and today.
I finally pulled the XD out and did a check. No rust, no problems even though the end of the slide was pretty much drenched. (my leather Hume 715 is pretty much shot) and I have a nice brown stain on my side from the leather.

All I do with mine is wipe it down once every other week with a rag with oil on it to clean it off, then spray silicone spray on it. (spray's on dry, stays dry)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
oil and protection I've been using corrosion-x, anyone else tried this stuff? The silicone spray, is that what you can pick up at any auto parts store? I'd imagine you wouldn't want it getting on the grip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I also would like to know what brand of "dry" spray everyone uses. I have looked at a lot of stuff but none of it has said "dry". And I take you are not talking about something like "camp dry" for waterproofing boots or tents and stuff?? Thanks for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,105 Posts
USMC-PRIDE said:
I also would like to know what brand of "dry" spray everyone uses. I have looked at a lot of stuff but none of it has said "dry". And I take you are not talking about something like "camp dry" for waterproofing boots or tents and stuff?? Thanks for the info.
I don't use a dry spray. I use Blue Wonder Armadillo on the exterior, even though I have the NP3 finish from Robar. Wonderful stuff. I use it on my AR-15 also. Doesn't even show fingerprints!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,479 Posts
Verm said:
Got a new townhome Friday so since Friday night up to today I have been moving into it. (still have a couple more days to go to get everything in)
Out of habit, I stuck my XDSC into my IWB and went about moving. I am not a small guy and I hate heat so I was sweating pretty heavy all weekend and today.
I finally pulled the XD out and did a check. No rust, no problems even though the end of the slide was pretty much drenched. (my leather Hume 715 is pretty much shot) and I have a nice brown stain on my side from the leather.

All I do with mine is wipe it down once every other week with a rag with oil on it to clean it off, then spray silicone spray on it. (spray's on dry, stays dry)
Verm, let us know what silicone spray U use when U get a chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Have had my XD 40 SC for exactly a year now.
When I took it home I sat the slide out in the
Arizona sun to warm up nicely then applied "RIG"
liberally. Let it soak for 30 minutes then wiped down clean.
Now after carrying I just wipe with a "RIG rag"
and have never seen a sign of any rust.
The plastic Comp-Tac IWB rig is cutting through the finish however.
As has been said elsewhere, "adds character."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Was at Lowe's getting bags for the shop-vac and saw a display for 3in1 products and some teflon lubes from du pont. 3in1 had a silicone spray that drys fast and du pont's multi use teflon in the blue bottle looked interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I use a silicone gun cloth after lathering my two XD's in Breakfree CLP. My XD .40 subcompact (OD green) still looks sweet with minimal holster wear, but my service XD.40 has several "dings" in the finish. :evil: Basically it is my carry gun, and aside from war scars, a cheap gunsmith marred the finish installing nightsights. :oops: However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, I am thinking of a Canyon Creek finish and trigger for my XD. I am a long 1911 fan but the XD in my poinion, is legendary for it's reliability and accuracy (I hit what I aim at and it has NEVER, EVER faliled or mi fired on me). :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
jhs71 said:
I've been using corrosion-x, anyone else tried this stuff?
I've been using it since my Eezox ran out, and I like it equally, MAYBE a little more than Eezox. I bought mine from Brownell's with the gift certificate I won from one of Jimbo's karma giveaways shortly before he passed away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
SLCDave said:
jhs71 said:
I've been using corrosion-x, anyone else tried this stuff?
I've been using it since my Eezox ran out, and I like it equally, MAYBE a little more than Eezox. I bought mine from Brownell's with the gift certificate I won from one of Jimbo's karma giveaways shortly before he passed away.
Ditto on the CorrosioX.I have a bottle of Eezox I have never opened.

Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a can of 3 in 1 laying around that I use. Picked it up at Walgreens I think, or Car Quest.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top