Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone I found this site when I was researching the XD's. This site contributed to my decision in getting the XD...thanks. I recently bought 2 of them...the tactical and compact...both .40's. I traded in a Taurus PT145 for the compact and am very glad that I did. I finally got a chance to fire the compact this past weekend and was extremely impressed with the accuracy, recoil, and ease of sighting. Its been a while since I have fired a hangun (a couple years) but I managed to get all but about 10 rounds (most during rapid fire) in the black on the target at 25-30 yards. I'm really looking forward to shooting the tactical now, because it should be even more accurate. I have my Florida CWC license and will be carrying the compact XD with me...just waiting on holster and belt from Gunners Alley to come in. Thanks again to everyone input on these great handguns.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
885 Posts
Welcome aboard.
I too have a sub-compact, and I love it.
It's a great shooter and totally reliable.

Have fun, and shoot safe.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You have chosen well, my son. Now go buy tons of ammo. I never seem to have enough. 8)

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got that right...I went through 100 rds in probably 1/2 hour...but it sure was fun :D They sell reloads at the range...I guess I'll give them a try.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...I actually live in Apollo Beach, but work in Tampa. I joined the outdoor range in Ruskin, which I just found out the other day was there...but its really close to me so I'm hoping to get out there at least once a week. They told me they have competitions out there on Sunday's which I hope to get involved in once I get some practice...Do you compete at all?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I haven't competed yet, in fact, I don't even have my XD here yet. It should be at my FFL dealer on monday (I hope!) so I can come out and take posession. The XD is my first pistol but I've owned and fired quite a few long guns so it should be fun.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts