Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with these two firearms? Particularly the Baby Eagle, since it seems I won't be able to get my hands on an original 941 for less than $600 in good condition.

Good, bad? Anything you would substitute from the CZ75-type line?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've shot my friend's semi-compact Baby Eagle a few times, it's nice, accurate, comfortable... the grip looks a little chubby but it's not in the hand. Never heard any long-term complaints about owning it. I wouldn't want to spend $600 on a 941, either.

But you can get a new CZ (or XD, or FN, or...) for the same price, roughly, and have greater aftermarket support, too. Plus Kahr handles the Eagles and have on the customer service front you can do better. Not saying Kahr's bad, just not the best.

If I were to pick between a CZ 75 and a Baby Eagle, I'd go with the CZ. In fact, I have. I'm also getting a P-01 shortly. I also think the EAA polymers are dead sexy but I've got no experience there.

Were you looking at the full-size, semi-compact, or compact?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@DevJames - I had an EAA Witness .45 for about a year, and I had nothing but problems with it. FTE, FTF, FTF. Through numerous different types of ammo. As well, EAA had a recall on my gun which took them AGES to work that out...

Axman, I already have an XD in the Sub-Compact variety. I am looking at the full sized models. The CZ's just don't look as good as the Baby Eagle (I know, looks don't matter in a firefight, but the Jericho / Baby Eagle is dead sexy, lol. And the mags are interchangeable with SP-01 mags, so I can get that nice 18-19 round capacity.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Twitcheh said:
The CZ's just don't look as good as the Baby Eagle,
Twitcheh, I'm not a doctor, and I don't mean to alarm you, again, not an expert here, but you may have a brain tumor, or barring that, lots of brain tumors.

;)

They're both going to out-shoot pretty much anyone. As far as performance issues go, like all CZs and their clones, they probably have a break-in, they may not like to feed short bullets, and the BE has a polygonal barrel, right? That means no lead bullets. And this is just my opinion, but real, non-clone CZs are put together very tightly by hand, and they fit together unlike most other guns. Not a deal breaker by any means, but I've never seen a CZ rattle (mags aside).

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
My wife owns a Baby Desert Eagle Semi Compact Polymer 9mm. We had one stoppage so far and it was on a new magazine that the spring had two coils more than her other MRI magazines. Have used 400 rounds in that mag since, and no issues. DA is a little long and so is the SA, but I quite like it..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have one and shoots great...40 cal. it is a compact (not in weight) and just a well built weapon. It is the jericho type not the newer fast action.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've got a steel .40 IWI Baby Eagle, great little gun, but the .40 is giving my wrist a hard time so I'm pretty much a .45 guy now.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I have a Jericho 941 Compact in 9mm. Very nice gun and feels great in hand, but the finish stinks, scratches easily. I also have six CZs, three full size and three compacts. Generally speaking, I prefer the CZ as the finish is better and there are more options available. With the Jericho, what you see is what you get and pretty much have to stay with, i.e. - very little can be tweaked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts