Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, but for $150 for a 1k round case of 9mm, brass cased, boxer primed, 115gr FMJ, is this deal too good to be true right now?

Thanks!
- Jon

P.S.
Here is the link:
RGUNS - Ammunition

·
Registered
536 Posts
a deceased shooting buddy of mine would buy two cases just because it's IMI. I have some IMI .45 that I sparingly shoot. I noticed the other ammo on that page, also IMI.
I don't believe you can go wrong w/that stuff! I don't shoot 9mm much any more. I reload for it but since I got into .40, it's pretty much just sat.
I'm fighting the temptation on the other calibers!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Just call their phone number I just put in my order for 1k for $150 plus shipping great deal thanks pelican.

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
It's probably not the same ammo, so it's probably fine.

But I got some Israeli surplus for cheap and it's fine for carbines but it's loaded too hot and the primers are too hard for pistols.

This looks different. Mine was packed in 25 round boxes in .50 caliber cans. All labeled in Hebrew.

I say buy it, and get some .223 while you're at it and let us know how it is. :p

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
IF I'm not mistaken, IMI crimps their primers. If you are planning to reload, keep them seperate from the non crimped cases or you will have to deal with them later.

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
That's a DAMN good deal if it's new, and not for sub-guns.

That .45 ACP looks pretty tasty...I might have to order a case and see what it's all about.

Anyone know of a way to tell if this stuff is loaded real hot?
Shoot it and look for signs of excessive pressure? :lol:

You could ask them if they know if it's +P or +P+ loaded.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You guys know that you're obligated to post a review when you shoot the ammo now... right?

No problem Krackels :D. The day my 1k rounds of 9mm get here I will shoot at least 100 through my XD and if all goes well I will be writing a review and ordering a 2nd case at the same time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone know of a way to tell if this stuff is loaded real hot?
I've read online that how you tell that they loaded hot and meant for subguns is when the bullet has a black tip, indicating the hot load. This stuff doesn't have that, apparently. I'll let ya'll know when I get it how it shoots.

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Wow, I was thinking of ordering their 9mm for awhile but was waiting for a review. I almost went ahead an ordered the other night. Glad I didn't.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My 1000 9mm came, took 200 rounds to the range had 28 jams and couldn't shoot 16 of the rounds due to either the casings being bent or not packed properly. 2 of the rounds were an 1/8th of an inch longer than the rest. If you buy this stuff CHECK EVERY SINGLE ROUND TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE SAFE!!!! I will take some pictures of a few of the bad ones to post up here.
Good Luck everybody and be safe.

Blake

1 - 19 of 19 Posts