Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive worked up a few different loads so im off to the range to see how they work out in my rifles. specifically my shorty, got the next Practical rifle match coming up a week from Saturday and im thinking im going to shoot that instead of one of my carbines.

also worked up some 9mm loads that i am wanting to test out and see how 4.1grs of Tight Group pushing 124gr JHP down fair.

ill be back in a few hours to let you guys know how well it everthing went.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry no photos but all my reloads performed exceptionally well since it was cold and rainy i headed over to our local indoor range and shot about 200 rounds of .223 loaded up with with sierra, hornady and barnes bullets charged with various different powders

all in all i have to say rounds loaded up with 25.5 gr of reloader 15 and Barnes 69gr produced the best groups probably 1/4" groups at 35 yards (thats as far back as i could put the target)

but everything was well within 1" and hitting center mass

with the 9mm 4.4 gr of tight group with Sierra 124 gr bullets were hitting within 1.5" center mass at 15yards not bad for a Glock 19 but even the rounds i had loaded up with 4 gr of power pistol using X-Tream bullets were will within acceptable groups at the same 15 yards.

i think tommorow if its a bit nicer i will take out the Crono and get some measurements. and sight in my AP3 on my M&P15

1 - 3 of 3 Posts