Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at the Para Ordnance series of Micro's, the high capacity 9's and or maybe a 45. In particular a Nite Hawg or a Hawg 9, both high cap's. I currentlly have a 40 sub xd and a Minifirestorm ddl stack 9mm. I was wondering what everyone thought of them for a next purchase. Here's the link to the page, let me know if 9 or 45 would be the way to go. One thing I did like about them was the ability to carry cocked and locked.
Para-Ordnance, High-Quality Handguns: Warthog Pistols

I forgot to mention this will be for CCW.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I LIKE small pistols I REALLY do!
I picked up the Warthog at my gunstore one day and just hated the way it felt in my hand, ONLY small gun I haven't liked right off the bat. The rear sights were bent over a tad, don't know why, I inspected the sides of the sight to look for a slam mark but they were clean.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's one of the things, the quality of the pistol. I don't want to purchase a problem child. But I feel the pull pretty strong,lol. I kinda get the drift these are like second gen guns. There apparentlly was an issue with the rods on the first gen's. Any para guys around here?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I have 3 Kimbers and they have all been problem free. The small Ultra Carry was my first and it's a great and easy CCW piece. It's a .45 and is dead accurate out of the box at up to 50

I like the idea behind the Hawgs, but I wouldn't buy one from the bad things I hear all around. i've yet to find someone who bought a para and actually kept it.

Of course, if you have the funds, the SA EMP is a great way to go. If I needed another CCW piece, that would be it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I should let them (para's) be for a year or so and see if they have worked thru any issues they might have. I've done research and Kimber now offer's a 9MM in CCW, I kinda don't want want to start getting into the 45 class.

The Stainless Ultra Carry II™ 9mm is ideal for concealed carry. The 3-inch barrel and shortened aluminum frame are favored for all-day-every-day carry by many shooters, and make them popular for law enforcement backup as well. Retail price is .

Finally, the Ultra CDP II™ 9mm is Kimber's best 9mm carry pistol. Built in the Custom Shop and weighing just 25 ounces, features include night sights, stainless steel slide, 30 lines-per-inch checkering on the frontstrap and under the trigger guard, ambidextrous thumb safety and hand-beveling that rounds sharp edges so the pistol will not cut or snag on clothing or holsters. Retail price is .

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Forget the Para and go with a EMP you wont regret it, if you buy the Para you might.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EMP. That's what I'm thinking too. This next week i'llmake some calls and see who in town has one. I know it's a chunk of change but I'm ready to upgrade. Thanks for all the input!

·
Premium Member
127,778 Posts
The EMP is a great carry pistol.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Sounds like a great decision has been made?:rolleyes: You may be better off with the SA EMP.

My CCW is a Kimber Ultra CDP and it's treated me well! Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
This is a nice looking pistol....man...that thing is sweet looking! I am being drawn to this style lately as well.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Glad I found this thread. Im in the same predicament. My local shop has the .45 night hawg for 789.00. Im sure I can get 30-50.00 taken off that price since he has done that for all the other pistols I have bought from them. Not a huge amount but something.

My stepdad has the EMP in 9mm and its real nice just too expensive for me atm.

How is para's customer service?

Anyone here own one?

Thanks.

Clobber

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ended up getting a Colt Defender series 90 40 SS. I couldn't find the Kimber that tripped my trigger. While the Para's were nice, they were about the same price as a Colt, soooo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts