·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what's more exciting - a new gun or a new digital camera :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is a damn nice XD, but my vote is for your shotgun. What model is that, or did you build it yourself? I would convert my mossy 500 like that but until I get on the police force there is no excuse to tell my wife.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg1459 said:
That is a damn nice XD, but my vote is for your shotgun. What model is that, or did you build it yourself? I would convert my mossy 500 like that but until I get on the police force there is no excuse to tell my wife.
That's a Remington 870 Police Magnum (the REAL 870!), no Express. Built to withstand a nuclear blast. :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lucky said:
OMG, the quality is simply amazing... What megapizel is that?!!? Wow beautiful photography.

BTW, nice guns :p
Thanks. It's no wiz bang digital but a Pentax Optio 4.0 Megapixel. Keep in mind, it's not necessarily the amount of pixels that determines the quality/resolution of the photo. It's more a factor of the the optics (lens). You can have a lot more pixels but if the lens is crapola, you'll get crapola results. I like the Optio because it is small, takes great photos, and has macro capability - allowing those close up shots. Next you need a good software editor to allow for cropping, brightness/contrast adjustment, etc. I have Kodak's Picture It installed on my computer. Not fancy, or expensive but it does the job.

·
Registered
603 Posts
kraigster414 said:
Keep in mind, it's not necessarily the amount of pixels that determines the quality the quality of the optics (lens). You can have a lot more pixels but if the lens is crapola, you'll get crapola results.
Couldn't have said it better!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, granted I am a newbie. I haven't even purchased my XD yet. (Soon to have purchased a 5" 9mm version.) But how did you get the barrel white like that. Is it just buffed to a shine? Just curious. It looks great.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scurvyman said:
Ok, granted I am a newbie. I haven't even purchased my XD yet. (Soon to have purchased a 5" 9mm version.) But how did you get the barrel white like that. Is it just buffed to a shine? Just curious. It looks great.
Check at the bottom all that I have done to my XD40. 'Barrel is an EFK Fire Dragon stainless steel match. I prefer s/s steel barrels for their rust proofing qualitiies and they don't show any wear/friction marks. I had EFK do mine in matte vs. shiny s/s. Best, the EFK required no fitting. Completely drop-in. That's not always the case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts