Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm goin to the woods with one rnd in my new DPMS LR308 AP4. No mags, Just a few in my pocket.
See yal later........;)

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
You better load that cartridge from a mag ;)
Not good to drop it in the chamber and close the bolt on it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10-4 No slam fires for me! Thanks though! Nice to see ya still postin. Threads go crazy....no?

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Have some fun and grab a chunk of plywood and keep untrimming on it 'til your 30 rd hi cap mag holds only 4 rounds. He he he. Will look kinda funny, but what the heck. Expect to attract the game warden.

Yeah, another excellent post regarding no/no snout filling your AR brought some thoughts to light, (difficult with my feeble mind) Deer/pig/game ammo implys commercial ammo which implys MAYBE soft primers?

Be careful here. Yeah, yeah, I expect to get maybe flamed, but your safety/freedom is more important. In my opinion (probably wrong and always suspect) ANY "soft" primer and AR15's don't mix. Slam fires?

Begs the guestion (again) why handloading may be the answer to the great amounts of ammo your AR15 demands and needs. Just load up some super accurate hunting loads with hard primers. HB of CJ :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have some fun and grab a chunk of plywood and keep untrimming on it 'til your 30 rd hi cap mag holds only 4 rounds. He he he. Will look kinda funny, but what the heck. Expect to attract the game warden.

Yeah, another excellent post regarding no/no snout filling your AR brought some thoughts to light, (difficult with my feeble mind) Deer/pig/game ammo implys commercial ammo which implys MAYBE soft primers?

Be careful here. Yeah, yeah, I expect to get maybe flamed, but your safety/freedom is more important. In my opinion (probably wrong and always suspect) ANY "soft" primer and AR15's don't mix. Slam fires?

Begs the guestion (again) why handloading may be the answer to the great amounts of ammo your AR15 demands and needs. Just load up some super accurate hunting loads with hard primers. HB of CJ :) :) :)
This is worth a try! haha:D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
we cant use semi auto rifles at all here in pa. i wish it were just a mag issue.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
OK, since you can't use a semi for hunting in Penn, can you carry an AR as a backup in case you get charged by a black bear or cougar? Of course if the cougar charges you, it'll be from 20 feet behind you and you'll never see/hear it coming.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
OK, since you can't use a semi for hunting in Penn, can you carry an AR as a backup in case you get charged by a black bear or cougar? Of course if the cougar charges you, it'll be from 20 feet behind you and you'll never see/hear it coming.
I recommend a .44 magnum. It would be easier to try and grab and bring around with one hand than a rifle.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i wouldnt risk getting caught with an ar as a "backup". i carry a 357 mag inside my jacket when hunting. started carrying pistol after coyote attacked my uncle. if you wanna hear about it, pm me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts