Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first ever handgun was the XDm 3.8 compact in bi-tone. I ended up selling it and (eventually) getting two guns to replace it: a P938 for EDC and 1911 for HD and range fun.

At 5'9" and 160 pounds the XDm was just a little too big for me to CCW all the time and at that time I couldn't afford or justify two guns. If I had it to do over I would have kept it until I could afford another gun.

Well, I'm back in the family with a new XDs (black this time) for a CCW alternative to the P938. I just got it at Gander Mountain for $570 before their 10% off everything promo (so about $513). It came with a 7 and the new mid sized 8 rounder and gear i.e. not "essentials."

I'll get it to the range soon but other than that it'll be on safe or nightstand duty until my N82 pro shows up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't replace just added to the family. I still have the P938 and its a great gun. I'll alternate carrying each of these or ideally convince my wife to carry one of them.

I missed my XDm and wanted something single stack and striker fired for CCW.

·
Registered
942 Posts
wow.... glad you got that 10% off... $570 is a helluva high price!!
god bless gander mountain:roll:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow.... glad you got that 10% off... $570 is a helluva high price!!
god bless gander mountain:roll:
Agreed. I definitely would have not purchased at their regular price. I figure I paid just a bit more than the going gunbroker prices plus FFL fees but got to see the gun first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts