Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been a big XD fan, and i like my XDm .40 alot too (probably better). I recently picked up an M&P 9 and put sights and a apex trigger on it. i took it to the range today and shot some plates. i shot the m&p much better then my XD9 tactical (current USPSA production gun). Ive been saving for the new XDm 5.25. but this today got me second guessing. My XDm .40 is set up for limited, and i wont be getting rid of that anytime soon. i would like to stay with the same platform which ever way i go. But im not sure if i should give the new XDm a try or test my luck with the M&P 9 Pro/L. Any sugguestions that could push me one way or the other? not any ranges around to try them both at.

no matter which one i get (the M&P or the XDm, it will be getting a trigger job, and sights on the M&P) price is not a concern right now.

This will also determine if i go with a XDm 3.8 compact or M&P compact.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I can think of one advantage of staying with the XD(M) family, and that is switching out the lower frame between your different guns. You might have one that has a light trigger, ext mag release, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, thats one thing i was thinking for when they make a 5.25 barrel in .40, i can put it on my already set up for limited XDm frame

i really just may need another range trip on a differnt day and see if im getting the same results as today

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If you shoot it "much better" then its not really a choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts