Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was strollin' through the hardware store and saw this Surefire X400 on sale for $300. Got to talkin' with the manager and he agreed on $250 plus tax. Well I was stoked and didn't take the time to see if it mounted on the XDM Compact at the time of sale. I get home to this :-x:-x:-x:evil::evil::evil::oops::oops::oops:

For some reason I thought it would work on the Compact? Called Surefire and they confirmed. Well, here's my dilemma. Would it work even if 1/4" of the rail mount sticks out? Do I return it after getting an alright deal (manufactured 02/2010, 110 lumen model)? Or keep it? Eventually planning to get a .45.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Def get your funds back. Hell of a deal!! But with that much of it hanging off the rail your not gonna be comftorable. Just my opinion, I myself am looking into a .45. Hope all goes well

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
It's probably the highest quality gun light you can buy today. I'd keep it, but would mount it on a full size gun. It's not like you are going to CC it with the light on it! (are you?)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Why wouldnt it work, other than it looks a bit large for a compact weapon, that wont affect functionality in any way.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
$201 going once!?!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the quick replies.

Was hoping to use it for home defense. Would take it off before shooting at the range. Also, would not holster it for CC, if IL ever allows?

A .45 is on the wish list. Just don't see myself getting one anytime soon.

It feels fine when loaded. It's quite big for a compact, but I can work with that. Quality, design of the X400 is top notch. 60 less lumens doesn't really matter, batteries would last longer. :)

Gotta get out to shoot with it soon.

Leaning towards keeping it, still not sure???

Has anyone used an X400 on a Compact?
Tried searching on the forum, couldn't dig up anything?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'd keep it, especially if you plan on getting another platform which would use it as well. And for a home defense gun, the added weight up front might even help if one were to need follow-up shots. Couple that with the extended magazine for HD, and you have the same setup as I!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point about the follow ups.

Maybe I misunderstood?
You have the x400 on your compact?

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
It gives you a valid excuse to buy a new gun! so keep it and get a shiny new toy!:)

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies.

Was hoping to use it for home defense. Would take it off before shooting at the range. Also, would not holster it for CC, if IL ever allows?

A .45 is on the wish list. Just don't see myself getting one anytime soon.

It feels fine when loaded. It's quite big for a compact, but I can work with that. Quality, design of the X400 is top notch. 60 less lumens doesn't really matter, batteries would last longer. :)

Gotta get out to shoot with it soon.

Leaning towards keeping it, still not sure???

Has anyone used an X400 on a Compact?
Tried searching on the forum, couldn't dig up anything?

Good luck with the People's Republic of Illinoisistan going to CC for non-criminals. I've waited close to 25 years for the land of cheese to get it and we finally will be able to apply for a license Nov 1st.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Got a good deal, so I'd keep it. will always use it down the road somewhere, sometime.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd keep it! Especially if you'll add another pistol to the mix later.

As long as it tightens down ok and doesnt' have any wiggle, you're probably ok to use it, even if it looks a little odd. If it's loose in any way or it interferes with operation of the gun, I wouldn't use it at all. The last thing you need is that light messing up operation of the weapon when you need it most.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Illinoisistan. LMAO
So true.

We were close, just a few votes shy of passing. Hoping next time it gets through?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I'd probably be even more ignorant to return it at this point but just wasn't sure?

I will try to post a short video of my findings at the range next week.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check out my setup. I CC an xdm compact everyday with a surefire x400. I don't give a damn if other people think it looks weird, it suits my needs perfectly. Its never came loose off the rails and the laser still retains zero after 3000+ rounds.
....had to make my own holster for it tho.....

·
Super Moderator
22,207 Posts
Was hoping to use it for home defense.
Then buy a full size for home defense! Keep it because it will eventually fit something you will buy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts