Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, but today i bought myself a brand new gen 3 Glock 27 sub compact. I was going to buy myself a carry gun and it was between the 27 and the xd subcompact. The Glock just felt better. One thing i do miss is the easy tear down of the xd(m). I do like the sights better on the glock and the handle is a bit smaller (a plus for carry).
sorry for the smell-phone pics.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Nice piece! I'm looking at getting a Glock 23 soon to supplement my carry habits. Its funny that I only carry my bigger pistols during the summer when its easier to carry openly.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Carry a G26 daily. Tried the G27, but just don't like the snappiness. Also, I primarily shoot my reloads, and I don't/won't reload .40s. I'd think the Glock is a lot easier to detail strip than is an XD.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Glocks. I have carried and trained with one for 6+ years now. It has never failed me once! That being said I.... prefer The XD! The XD fits MY.... hand better. The Glock gives me a bad slide cut on my hand after about 75 rounds. a friend of my told me to get an XD. I bought a XD 45 service, shot it and was hooked:D When I started looking for a concealed weapon I knew I didn't want a Glock because a full size gives me a cut, I can't imagine what a baby Glock would do. So long story short! I bought a XD subcompact .40 and am very happy with it! Glocks are great weapons I trust my life to one everyday, but prefer the XD's.

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
nice gun. i want one also... dont let anyone tell you that your a traitor or what ever. as long as your are happy and you are ok with it

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
You haven't turned to the dark side.

You've seen the light.;)

And honestly, I can strip a Glock just as fast as I could strip my XDm. It's simply a matter of practice.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Congrats on the new hardware. more guns are always better. I don't even shoot striker fired guns anymore but that thing looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Congrats! Those are soooo sweet! I have a G26 gen 4 ordered up. Going with the 9mm cause I got enough .40's
These are making some wonderful conceal pistols. Am hopeing that the "secrect" new XDm will be a small frame compact concealable.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need to go shoot this damn thing and see how bad it beats up my hand.
Thanks guys i dont feel so bad about betraying my xdm.

I guess ill have to practice breaking this down. i dont like the little slide release, or pulling the trigger to break down.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I need to go shoot this damn thing and see how bad it beats up my hand.
Thanks guys i dont feel so bad about betraying my xdm.

I guess ill have to practice breaking this down. i dont like the little slide release, or pulling the trigger to break down.

Its not a slide release. Its a slide stop. I have always been trained the slingshot method to relaese from slide lock. Only gamers use the slide stop to drop the slide and thats cool for a gamer. And um yeah, you have to pull the trigger on an XD to take it down too so I dont see how that could be a negative issue with a Glock.........

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Sorry, we need to take turns whacking you on the nose with a rolled-up neewspaper. ;)

Glocks are good firearms for the most part.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Muaaahahahaha!!! Join the Dark Side he has!

Nothing wrong with Glocks, personally I carry a XD9SC which works great for me and was cheaper, too. But everybody should get the gun they like best.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Its not a slide release. Its a slide stop. I have always been trained the slingshot method to relaese from slide lock. Only gamers use the slide stop to drop the slide and thats cool for a gamer. And um yeah, you have to pull the trigger on an XD to take it down too so I dont see how that could be a negative issue with a Glock.........
i agree with you on the slide stop...it made me lol....its also bad for the gun to mash down the slide stop to try to make your self look cool....but on the other hand the OP has a XDM and those do not need to be dry fired to strip

but to the OP just takes practice to get fast with it...i can strip a glock faster than my xdm and i dont even own one, i just do it a hundred times a day at work

·
Registered
170 Posts
Can't say I have ever hit the slide stop to release the slide and most of my shooting is in competition. Sling shot method is the way I learned to load when in the military and it has stuck with me ever since.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
No problems here. Your EDC should be whatever works for you.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Forgettabout it..:shock:

I sold 4 XD pistols in the last 2 years..
Just bought a G19..
Love it..........;)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome to the club! I sold my XD40sc for a G27 and never looked back. My XDm is never going anywhere but neither is my G19 and G27. The XD just didn't do it for me as a EDC but the G27 fits the bill perfectly.

1lowlife, is that the EXO G19?

JaydenH, my hands are always slipping on polymer framed guns and for my G27 I added an AGrip and it made a huge difference. It can take a few mins to install but my hand never slips and it was the best $10 spent on the gun. If you have a hard time maintaining a secure grip, I strongly recommend getting an AGrip.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts