Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read over at Glock Talk that there has been 2 bills that have been introduced within the last week, one in the house and another in the senate that would enable CCW in Illinois. Some restrictions would exist on getting a permit and each bill has varyying degrees of classroom training and proof of proficiency. The bills are HB2567 and SB1500. The more phone calls and letters to your representatives, the better the chance it could be considered. Being a lifelong Illinois resident, I know the politics are working against us, but it can be done with enough pressure.

For additional info go to they legislative pages or just read the scuttlebutt at glock talk under the "carry issues" forums

·
Registered
27 Posts
awesome dude :!: :!: Time to break out the pen and paper and start writing to the appropriate reps......it's an uphill battle with the mayor of chicago and governor of Illinois being anti-gun(cuz' they have their own people with guns to protect them) :evil: :evil: :evil: .Hope all goes well and thanks for the heads up :wink: :wink:

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
The hippies in chicago wont allow it

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was born and raised in IL and and my son still lives there. I have to agree with NExd though; as long as there is a Chicago there won't be any CCW for IL. Even if I herad it had passed I wouldn't believe it until I actually saw people getting them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't just hope. Email, call and write your representatives. CCW reduces crime. Mention it and ask them to verify that all places that has done this experienced reduced violent crime rates! Its worth a shot. 2 bills inside a week, there must be some interest.

·
Registered
170 Posts
schmedly said:
Don't just hope. Email, call and write your representatives. CCW reduces crime. Mention it and ask them to verify that all places that has done this experienced reduced violent crime rates! Its worth a shot. 2 bills inside a week, there must be some interest.
"I'll take 100 activists over 1000 enthusiasts..."

Ways of thinking and LAWS won't get changed unless the people force our lawmakers to recognize them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ill. law makers have made it very rough on gun owners,i dont think it will happen but i pray for you all that it does...maybe you guys need to find some gun friendly politicians and get them other people out!!! i have friends there and they dont really live in nice neighborhoods ( mainly granite city) but i really hope you guys get it soon...

·
Registered
65 Posts
That why I live in Indiana and will not move to IL. But it would be nice to cary in to IL you can thanks Chicago for not haveing a CCW. Good Luck

·
Registered
245 Posts
MonkeyWithAGun said:
as long as there is a Chicago there won't be any CCW for IL. Even if I herad it had passed I wouldn't believe it until I actually saw people getting them.
Well that's what I used to think about Michigan. Remember, we've got our own Chicago. It's called Detroit. But CCW is in full-force here, and is doing great.

Before CCW passed in Michigan, Ohioians would look North in fear. Detroit was nicknamed "murder capital". Now that has changed. Ever since CCW passed, Michigan violent crime has been dropping substantially every year (still is). Apparently the wake-up call for Ohio came when the Ohio violent crime exceeded Michigan's for the first time a couple of years ago. Ohio openly wanted to emulate the success in Michigan. In other words, this whole CCW trend is catching.

Who knows - Someday we may even welcome New York, California, and even DC to the CCW crowd!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts