Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And wanted a pistol chambered in 40S&W, how would you go about it?

I'm trying to sell my P220 Elite Dark, and with the proceeds I'd like to get an M9A1 (full-size or the compact). With the remaining funds and a little added to the pot, I'd like to buy another pistol in 40S&W. It doesn't have to be new, and I dig police trade-ins. Keep in mind that I'm planning on reloading, so unless someone can convince me that a G22/23/27 isn't going to bulge the heck out of my brass, I don't consider it to be a contender and is therefore ineligible.

I believe I might be able to get a SW99 in 40S&W with night sights, case and two 12rd magazines for about $343, everything said and done. What would you do?

EDIT: The pistol isn't for any particular role, so it can be anything from a subcompact to a full-sized pistol.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good idea - current platform, mags are available, aftermarket is there... Good suggestion!

Oh yeah, editing the first post to let people know there is no particular role to fill with this pistol, so anything basically goes!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I would hold out for a used P-07 Duty. Buds regularly has them for around $325, but they don't last long.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Of course I have to point out that none of the guns being suggested are as good as the P220. My best suggestion is keep it.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would hold out for a used P-07 Duty. Buds regularly has them for around $325, but they don't last long.
I'll keep my eyes open.
An SR40 is tempting, but I don't really like the sights, LCI and magazine disconnect.
Already have a Shield in 9mm.
Of course I have to point out that none of the guns being suggested are as good as the P220. My best suggestion is keep it.
P220 is going away because it doesn't fit me right where it matters most: when firing at the range. Everywhere else, it's great. Oh, and it does suck to have the slide release where it's at on the Sig, especially with my grip hitting it all the time.
See above - slide release in the way. :(

·
Registered
465 Posts
Taurus PT 140 G2.
I got my Pt 111 G2 for 300.00 nib and it has been excellent. So far I have 700 rounds with only 3 fail to feeds....it was super dirty and happened around the 600 mark a quick cleaning of the barrel and feed ramp solved the issue. Probably the best pistol Taurus has made in a while out side their 92 and 1911 models.

·
Banned
0 Posts
$369 for the m&p seems like a solid deal.

·
Banned
0 Posts
No longer interested in the police trade in G31?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Walther PPX....can still find for 350 to 375, with 40 being slightly cheaper.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts