Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to enlist the help of so many others on these forum threads that have more experience with the XD platform than I do.

Next week sometime, I will be placing my order for a new XD40 subcompact.

I prefer to carry IWB and have seen many of the postings regarding holsters that you folks have and use for carry.

What I would like to ask please, is if you would kindly list no more than three (3) holsters that you would recommend that I examine for use to carry my XD40 sub.

If you have only one (1) suggestion, great! I simply want to compile a list and pick the top three IWB holsters to look at. This will help me narrow my search a bit.

If you want to list an OWB, that's okay but I simply need to hear from those of you who carry IWB and what problems you've had, what you like and don't like. Hey, we've all had a holster that was just right, :wink: and some that we had to return. :oops:

Please help me avoid the latter.

I should mention (if it matters), that I prefer to carry at the 3:00-3:30 postion IWB.

Your assistance is most appreciated friends.

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To all those that have responded so far, I want to thank you for all of the suggestions that you have made.

Until I choose a primary IWB holster, I have picked up a Galco Matrix for use at the range and during those times that I can wear a jacket or sport coat. Not too bad of a rig for the money either.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
retired, here is one holster that is in his online catalog that
can get someone into deep do-do when a firearm is mated
up with it -

With a holster of this type and a firearm installed to perform
as the holster was designed to do, it becomes 'another' under
the ATF rules now. Thus, it has to be licensed.
Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts