Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmm.. considering getting a .45 compact tact.. i just wanting to do it for the compact frame.. would anyone be interested in buying the tact. frame from me?.. and no i dont want to do a grip chop.. Just curious..

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
same here if its not sold pm me

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
spring precision will chop the grip for $75

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
spring precision will chop the grip for $75

I dont know your reason for not going the above posted route, I think it will save you money and time if you do.

If not I dont think you will have a problem finding a buyer :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
fyi..... frames reguire a FFL transfer to sell them

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
still debating on when im going to do this.. possibly next month.. the reason i dont want to chop my grip is because i just dont want to..

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I highly advise doing the chop from Springer. It's a helluva lot cheaper than buying a whole new pistol just for the frame.

Alternately, if you must have the compact frame, why not go trade your tactical for the 5" compact? It's the same gun, except I don't believe the 5" compact has the word "Tactical" engraved on the slide. You'd get more out of your current tactical if you trade the whole pistol.

Otherwise, if your whole point is just to have a compact frame with the word "Tactical" on the slide, buy the 5" compact, switch the frames, and go sell the full-size at a gun show. Many buyers don't bother to look that close for all the details, like matching serials, the word "Tactical" on the slide, etc.

Just my $.02, but if you want the 5" compact, just buy the 5" compact. You will have to transfer the spare frame through an FFL, unless you sell to a private individual in your state and your state doesn't require private transfers to be mediated by an FFL.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Perhaps, maybe not in Las Vegas. Too many people watch CSI.....
All lower receivers/handgun frames are classified as firearms by the BATF. Uppers, barrels, slides, etc, are not. The portion of the firearm that includes the trigger group is subject to BATF regulations. If Nevada doesn't require private party sales to be mediated by an FFL, you can sell to another resident of your state. If you sell it through any other method, and if you send the frame through the mail to the buyer, you've committed a federal firearms offense. In other words, if you don't follow the law, pray to God that you don't get caught!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts