·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any difference in flat top uppers?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
if its just the upper receiver and not the complete upper, and is forged and made to spec then i would say yes. the only differences are cosmetic, like white filled t marks or them just being plain. and minor color differences between them.

now the complete uppers are different but im sure you know that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
What sourpatch said plus M4 feed ramps. Some have em, some dont.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
No and I personally don't believe that ALL lowers are the same, either.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you're talking about billets then I'll agree....

Also, did you know that Santa, Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy are the same people?
REALLY!!!:shock: i never knew that

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Ding, Ding, Ding !! The Tactical Innovations BDX15 I've got is leaps and bounds better than the four CMMGs and RRA I've got currently. It's an amazing piece of work. :cool:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
dang i forgot about m4 ramps.

billets are nice but they are not necessarily better they do look tons better but thats not a function of a weapon. if all you want is one that will work then they are the same. a billet upper probably wont make your gun shoot better but it will make it look better

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Ding, Ding, Ding !! The Tactical Innovations BDX15 I've got is leaps and bounds better than the four CMMGs and RRA I've got currently. It's an amazing piece of work. :cool:
LOL, leaps and bounds how?

Yes I would say that billets are nicer, but to say leaps and bounds? Now I have to disagree! LOL

Leaps and bounds would be something like a Lamborghini Murcielago over a Honda ****vic... Err Civic. LOL

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

Yes I would say that billets are nicer, but to say leaps and bounds? Now I have to disagree! LOL

Leaps and bounds would be something like a Lamborghini Murcielago over a Honda ****vic... Err Civic. LOL
I guess we have some-what differing views. I wouldn't even be comparing a Mucielago to a Civic. :lol:

As far as how it's better, IMO is as follows ... The fitment between it and the upper is amazing. There is an adjustment screw to take up any play which I don't know of any other receiver, especially forged having. The mag well is machined much nicer. Magazines fit much better than any other lower receiver I've got. The high stress areas are reinforced, even the trigger guard is machined as part of the lower to increase strength. The lower receiver also is has a spot on both sides that is machined for your trigger finger. The rear detent won't even pop out !! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alrighty then...

leaving out the high performance billet thingies.

If one were to look for a forged upper with whoesever roll mark on it.... would it matter?

I would guess that if it functions reliably that the barrel and quality of ammo would be paramount.

I couldn't care less how pretty it is.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts

Also, did you know that Santa, Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy are the same people? :)
Well, thanks for ruining my Christmas a-hole! :mad:

HAHAHAHAAH J/K

·
Registered
233 Posts
The ones that are more expensive are better because they are closer in tolerance, some are re-enforced in weak areas, and they have a correct finish. Cheap finish is when they leave some of the finish process out to save money and you usually end up with the bollt carrier running on raw AL. The ones that are CNC billet are closer in correct tolerance. If you are a target shooter and want accuracy it can make a difference, as all the parts make the finished product . There is not much $ difference between top of the line and junk when looking at the receiver.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sun Devil Receivers are very nice. I have 2 sets, one complete and one in progress for the wife. For the minimal cost difference between forged receivers such as MEGA I think that Sun Devil receivers are a good option.

just my 2c
nateroach

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Well, thanks for ruining my Christmas a-hole! :mad:

HAHAHAHAAH J/K
You're welcome! :) If anything, we still have the lucky charms guy to believe in, hopefully the end of the rainbow isn't a bowl of his lucky charms with whole milk!

That just put a very disturbing image in my head. Something along the lines of a fat bearded guy in a tutu with fairy wings and bunny ears...
We're on the same wavelengths then! LOL

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

this response leaves a major question unanswere...

did you have to google the spelling of "Lamborghini Murcielago":grin:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts