Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to start competing with my .40 service model. Was wondering whats the difference between these matches and which would be best for a stock XD and novice competitor. Was wondering if Ameriglo Ghost ring Sights would be better than standard sights. I also have the magwell and frame plug, and the rubber decal grips. are these legal? and what kind of holster do I need. I have a galco high rise concealable. Will that do? Ill be shooting @ the Pima Pistol Club in Tucson. so if anyone is from arizona let me know, maybe we can meet up for the day out there.
http://www.pimapistol.org/matches.html
All your help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't get the Ghost Ring sites, magwell and frame plug are ILLEGAL for IDPA.

USPSA/IPSC - Ghost rings, magwell and Frame plug are ILLEGAL in production. For some reason, I think Ghost Ring sites are illegal in Lim and Lim10, but I could be wrong.

Get a set of the Dawson FO adjustable sights, you won't be sorry. The holster you have is fine as long as it's comfortable to you. If you feel you need another holster, get an uncle mike's kydex, about $20. Best advice is go shoot and get familiar with the match format, commands and, most importantly, range safety.

I'm a few hours north of you, you might see me down you way in the next month or so. If you ever head up to PHX, drop me a line and we'll get together. If you have time, the AZ STATE IDPA match is at Phoenix Rod & Gun club 3/19 & 3/20 or check out www.riopractical.com, either place has TOP NOTCH talent and it's fun to watch.

Tank

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Ghost Ring sights are not allowed in IDPA, and not allowed in USPSA Production Division, but are OK for Limited 10 and Limited.

Grip sleeves and tape are OK for IDPA and USPSA all Divisions.

Magwell and plug are allowed in UDPA since the XD has to shoot in ESP Division. Not allowed in USPSA Production.

You holster will be OK for IDPA and USPSA, but it will be a slow draw from a high rise holster unless you are verrry proficient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts