Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Bardstown, How close is Wilmore to Bardstown and what direction? I've been wanting to get into IDPA for a while now.

By the way if you don't know, Bardstown is about 35 miles Southeast of Louisville. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dirty Harry - Glad you read the post. Here are the directions from Lexington: To get to BGSL from Lexington take Harrodsburg Rd., US68, south to the Wilmore turnoff, Hwy. 29. Take Hwy 29 through Wilmore. About 1 and 7/10 miles south of Wilmore turn left onto Handy's Bend Rd. BGSL is at the end of Handy's Bend Rd., about 2 1/2 miles. Check in at the guard shack and then follow the signs to the pistol range. Since you could take the parkway from Bardstown into Lexington and go from there - I would say 55 miles one way. There are some guys who drive well over 100 miles one way just to shoot. As mentioned, the Kentucky State IDPA Shoot will be the end of this month. Come on down on any third Sunday and bookmark the URL posted above for further information. BGSL is the Blue Grass Sportsmen's League. The property is located on 1500 acres which we own. You will be agasht when you get there, because the place is big. Watch your six. Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts