Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know how to use the search but I just wanted to put this out there for discussion. Turns out as of our local IDPA match this past weekend our local club has now banned Blackhawk Serpa holsters due to a couple of guys shooting themselves with this rig on recently at a different club in Central Florida. So, that brings me to my question.

What are people using for the XDm that is similar to the BH Serpa? I was going to look at Bladetech but would like other input.

P.S. I will be listing a BlackHawk Serpa in the classifieds if anyone is interested. :)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I have several Blade Tech holsters; one for each IDPA gun I own. I also have a Safariland 5187 for a 1911. Comp Tac are highly thought of as well. None of these particular holsters are like the Serpa but all have tension screws so adjustments can be made. Just be sure that whatever you get is IDPA legal. Read the rules about holsters since there are several things that will make one illegal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I was looking at bladetech last night and this appears to be the most most popular brand at matches. Can you tell me which version you use for IDPA? It seems the stingray is the way to go but as suggested I will read the rules/post up on the IDPA forum to be sure.

BTW, after a quick browse over there I found this:

http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/7803/Serpa-holster-safety-issues-

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I use a Bladetech, my wife uses a Serpa. Comptach also has an IDPA approved holster.

We witnessed one of the shootings OP referred to. The problem was not the holster, its always the shooter. The facts are, many police and sheriff departments use Serpa's. If the holster was so unsafe, they would jettison them in a heart beat. Heck, even my son's department uses the CQC for its dectectives and the level3 for uniforms and SWAT. Sorry for the soap box.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out "Red Dot" as a starting point.
RED DOT SHOOTING INC: Great shooting gear. Friendly service & free shipping - IDPA Competition

If you need a complete setup:
Red Dot Rig STD- Special!!!! SAVE

Since I'm still just "dabbling" in it, I'm just using the XD-Gear Paddle Holster that came with the pistol.
Rob, funny-before even reading this post that is where I ended up ordering from this afternoon. I was passed a card for Red Dot's website at a local match sometime. I remembered the name while reading Blade-Tech's links/contact page because Blade-Tech suggested to shop local vendors because they were out of stock and said it would be at least three weeks out. Thankfully Red Dot had one for the XDm and the guy I spoke to was very friendly. They are local to me and he was well aware of the local ban and the controversy over a perfectly safe & sound holster. It still pisses me off but it appears to be at the clubs discretion and we have to play by their rules if we want to shoot at their club.

Pucknut, thanks for the input and there is no need to apologize! I agree with you!

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Look at the Comptac Kydex, belt or paddle. Well made, fast service, good folks to deal with & cheaper than Bladetech.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts