Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sig is calling their P250 a modular concept and I can't see any reason why S. A. can't take a similar approach with the XDm 40. BTW, I am not a bit bothered by the recoil of the 40, just thinking it might be a bit cheaper to shoot 9mm at the range.

As for my concept of a kit, it's pretty simple. New match barrel, new recoil spring tuned for 9mm, and 2 9mm 19 round magazines. It would also be sweet if they offered the kit with a matching serial number for those of us who have the early edition of the XDm 40. Of course I imagine it would take a LOT of shooting for the cost difference between 9mm and 40 cal to pay for the kit but it would be interesiting to have the option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Half of the ramp is part of the frame. This can make conversions difficult. I sent my 357SIG back, due to FTF on 12 round mags, and they reworked the frame ramp. No jams since.

I use 9mm in my 357SIG mags. The back end of the 357SIG is a .40.
They work fine. The last 3 cartridges are very loose though and could pop out during tactical reloads. But it is better to loose 3 rounds than to not have 16.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've been looking into this very thing for a while. Storm Lake is already making the conversion barrel 40-9 for the xdm but I haven't found any mags yet. It is supposedly a very easy change to have made to the existing 40 mag but I would definately check with a qualified gunsmith before moving forward. I would guess that Advantage Arms will be putting something out in the future for the springfields as well. by the way... the Sig 250 conversion kit is somewhere in the area of $550. I would just by a new gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts