Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a Ruger MK3 target to get some more shooting in as the SDM 40 can get expensive. i head on over to my local wally to grab from federal ammo 550 per box of 22's nice and cheap so i grab six boxes since it looks freshly stocked. I am chatting up the cashier girl and then i notice as i am walking out i was only charged for 5 boxes..... well my guilt was not bad so i went home with my free box for my new toy i think wally will survive.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I hit on a not so pretty chick at the shooting range once and got 4 free targets.
I felt like a cheap $4 whore for weeks though =(

·
Registered
447 Posts
I hit on a not so pretty chick at the shooting range once and got 4 free targets.
I felt like a cheap $4 whore for weeks though =(

I wish I could hit on the employee's working at the shooting range. But I don't think that the men behind the counter would like that..................

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Wally world does not lose out; the consumer do. When they price their merchandise they factor in a certain percentage to cover cashier mistakes, or shoplifting. So you may have "won" at wally world, but the rest of us pay the price.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thats funny, when I was 17, the first car I had broke a timing chain guide. My father and I went to Wally World to get some engine cleaner. The cans rolled to the back side of the buggy. As we were walking out of the store I noticed the cans were not in a bag. I was like dad we didnt pay for thoes...He was like so what! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
127,144 Posts
It will come out of the clerk's paycheck. You know what you did was wrong.

·
Registered
29,594 Posts
Yep.

I find it odd that folks here on a firearms forum post that they are proud of stealing.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Oh please the drama...everyone has taken something that didnt belong to them. How would it come out of the clerks paycheck..they will have no record of what cashier missed it. Besides Wally World is the devil of retail! And anyone who claims to have never taken something that wasent theirs is a pure LIAR!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Anyone getting a little vertigo from sitting on your high horse?? It may or may not be wrong, it was his choice, I know I am with most people, I would go back and pay for it. But that is how I was raised. But that doesn't mean that I haven't done anything bad in my life and it sure doesn't mean that a store hasn't done it to me and I haven't caught it. Walmart will be fine, we all will be fine and so will the OP. No one died over this few bucks. But I sure wouldn't post something like this on a public forum to have people look down on me like I've seen done so many times in these "I won at Walmart" threads.

·
Premium Member
127,144 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
no unexpected responses in here yet...

honestly, I have excellent integrity but I wouldnt have gone back in and paid for it either. $5, are you kidding me? Had it been more money or maybe a couple boxes maybe it would be a different story. Dont feel bad about it. How many times a day do you think it happens and you dont even realize it! Or the hundreds of other people country wide that are clueless about their groceries, etc....

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
no unexpected responses in here yet...

honestly, I have excellent integrity but I wouldnt have gone back in and paid for it either. $5, are you kidding me? Had it been more money or maybe a couple boxes maybe it would be a different story. Dont feel bad about it. How many times a day do you think it happens and you dont even realize it! Or the hundreds of other people country wide that are clueless about their groceries, etc....

So if the situation had been reversed; you purchased six boxes, and the cashier charged you for seven. Would you have gone back to get your money?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What any of us has done or failed to has nothing to do with this situation. Anyone with a moral compass recognizes this to be an act to be ashamed of, not gloated over.
I agree, I sure wouldn't be proud of my self, I have remorse for things like that so I do my best to never do anything that would make me feel that way. But for everyone to bash the guy and look down on him isn't really anything better. $5 or looking down on an other human for such a small mistake, which is worse? Like I said, I sure wouldn't post anything like this up if it did happen to me. He made a judgement call and he lives with it wheather he feels good about it or not. We do not live with his choice. That's all I am saying.

·
Premium Member
127,144 Posts
I just called the managers of two Walmarts in our city and posed this exact situation to them. Independently, they offered the same response. The first incident would result in "performance counseling" for the clerk that would be recorded in his/her personnel file; the second incident would result in additional performance counseling and the cost of the item(s) would be deducted from their paycheck; the third incident would result in the termination of the clerk's employment.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
When I skimmed through the OP I understood it to be the 550 round value size boxes. The last on of those I bought was closer to $20. When I saw the $5.50 replies I went back and reread it.

$5.50 or $20 if he noticed a discrepancy he should have said something then. That is dishonest behavior either way. Whether it affects Walmart's bottom line is irrelevant.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just called the managers of two Walmarts in our city and posed this exact situation to them. Independently, they offered the same response. The first incident would result in "performance counseling" for the clerk that would be recorded in his/her personnel file; the second incident would result in additional performance counseling and the cost of the item(s) would be deducted from their paycheck; the third incident would result in the termination of the clerk's employment.
That is what is said as PR, Trust me in retail, its nearly impossible to catch 1 misrung item in a business that does well over 25,000 a day. Also noted is that in most states a company cannot touch your paycheck/ hours without your permission and can get finned around 5,000 for doing so.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
That is what is said as PR, Trust me in retail, its nearly impossible to catch 1 misrung item in a business that does well over 25,000 a day. Also noted is that in most states a company cannot touch your paycheck/ hours without your permission and can get finned around 5,000 for doing so.
I have worked in retail for most of my life, and I agree that it would be almost impossible for the store to discover the missring. However if the store did learn of it, then they could discipline the cashier.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts