Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a little girl in a town that I do business in that has leukemia and the local FFL is donating rifles for raffles. The last one was a Henry Model H001TM. Tickets for all the raffles are $10 each and I bought 6 or 7 of them during the raffle.

Well, today was my lucky day. They sold the last ticket and drew my name!

Unfortunately, I can't find any 22WMR ammo in town, so it will be awhile before I can give a range report. I have found some CCI 22WMR HP on-line at Palmetto State for $12.99/50rds, so I expect to be buying some in the near future.

I'm also looking to put a scope on it. I have a beat up old Tasco 4x32, but I was looking for something better. I'm hoping to find something relatively inexpensive with a gloss finish to match the rifle.

Here it is with the cheap Tasco scope mounted.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
22WMR is gettin pricey when I can find it local...I feel your pain...

CONGRATS on the rifle! Always good to hear of a member winning something cool...of course, Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

·
Registered
18,757 Posts
Congrats! Love Henry's.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Congrats on the win!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The Primary are supposed to be damn good for cheap glass.

Cool rifle though, that'll be a fun little varmint gun!

·
Registered
14,386 Posts
Nice rifle, Henry makes a quality firearm.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I suggest you send it to me and I'll make sure it shoots like it should! :cool:

Congrats on the win! I once spent close to $500 on raffle tickets to win a $190 Marlin .22. I still call it a win, especially to my wife.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
There is a little girl in a town that I do business in that has leukemia and the local FFL is donating rifles for raffles. The last one was a Henry Model H001TM. Tickets for all the raffles are $10 each and I bought 6 or 7 of them during the raffle.

Well, today was my lucky day. They sold the last ticket and drew my name!

Unfortunately, I can't find any 22WMR ammo in town, so it will be awhile before I can give a range report. I have found some CCI 22WMR HP on-line at Palmetto State for $12.99/50rds, so I expect to be buying some in the near future.

I'm also looking to put a scope on it. I have a beat up old Tasco 4x32, but I was looking for something better. I'm hoping to find something relatively inexpensive with a gloss finish to match the rifle.

Here it is with the cheap Tasco scope mounted.

Any suggestions?
@gsh341 BRO THEY COULDN'T HAVE PICKED A BETTER WINNER!

ENJOY THAT BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
My dad has that same rifle in 17HMR.

Crazy accurate, well made and a total joy to shoot. I have borrowed his Henry several times and really like it.

Finding 22 mag ammo will prove challenging but if you get a good source, you will totally enjoy the Henry lever action.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought 500 rounds of CCI Maxi-Mag from Palmetto State and a Tasco World Class 3-9x40 with a gloss finish and some Weaver 22 rings with a gloss finish on SWFA. It all set me back about $250, shipping included.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
You will love that rifle. I have borrowed my Dad's in 17HMR many times.

We have shot everything from racoons to armadillos and even a bobcat with this thing.

It is very accurate and the lever is really smooth and fast.

I would love to have a Henry someday...maybe one of those Golden Boys.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes,. I shot it.

It was disappointing, but only because the old Tasco scope broke. I was also over the paper and the scope was really fuzzy. The scope is over 20 years old and has taken a beating over the years, so I'm not too upset.

Luckily my new scope arrives today, so I will let you know more later.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
20,021 Posts
Congratulations! I won a gun once and I would recommend it to a friend.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have that rifle. Put a Nikon Prostaff on it. I love the open sites. But, old failing eyes made me make the move to glass on it. At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I just don't miss with it! It's set to 75 yards. And, I've hit a sick lumbering possum at 100. I miss with lots of stuff! This rifle is amazing. I use it all the time and I love that rifle.

It's sooooo much smotther than my Marlin 336 (30-30).

·
Registered
569 Posts
You'll enjoy the Henry once you can get ammo and a good scope.
I got a Henry .22 last year and now have a .357 and .44 to go with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts