Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over heard a customer wanting to buy a glock, the store worker said "you don't want that, buy an XD. worker asked the customer "do you have kids" yes the customer says, the worker says" when you draw a glock from your holster really fast it will go off..... bang" :rolleyes: as he does the drawing of a gun motion. he says would you live with that for the rest of your life if you hit a loved one.

why would a worker say that to a customer and lose his glock sales?:confused:

Keep your finger off the trigger and it won't go bang

This is not a glock bashing thread

Just wanted to share this with all of you.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hopefully the customer knew the guy was full of it, and knew the Glock was a safe weapon. Then took his/her business elsewhere. Or offered to buy the "unsafe gun" at a discounted price.:cool:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
over heard a customer wanting to buy a glock, the store worker said "you don't want that, buy an XD. worker asked the customer "do you have kids" yes the customer says, the worker says" when you draw a glock from your holster really fast it will go off..... bang" :rolleyes: as he does the drawing of a gun motion. he says would you live with that for the rest of your life if you hit a loved one.

why would a worker say that to a customer and lose his glock sales?:confused:

Keep your finger off the trigger and it won't go bang

This is not a glock bashing thread

Just wanted to share this with all of you.
I agree with the store worker. XDs are safer than Glocks.

I can stuff my XD into my belt and it won't go bang. I was warned repeatedly not to do that with my Glock as it could easily go bang. Yes I am aware that if you pull the trigger it will go bang Glock, XD, or anything else. However, I find the XD to be a safer weapon primarily due to its superior design and built in grip safety. I believe a cocked and locked 1911 is safer than a Glock.

I traded my Glock away back in September and I couldn't be happier.

Chapie+

·
Registered
855 Posts
I don't necessarily agree with that clerk, but I do like the additional grip safety of my XD over the trigger-safety-only Glock.

Of course, if you're handling firearms properly it shouldn't matter, but I still like my XD better.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I agree with the store worker. XDs are safer than Glocks.

I can stuff my XD into my belt and it won't go bang. I was warned repeatedly not to do that with my Glock as it could easily go bang. Yes I am aware that if you pull the trigger it will go bang Glock, XD, or anything else. However, I find the XD to be a safer weapon primarily due to its superior design and built in grip safety. I believe a cocked and locked 1911 is safer than a Glock.

I traded my Glock away back in September and I couldn't be happier.

Chapie+

I'm not a fan of glocks, but the scenario you presented with the glock going off just by being holstered is practically impossible, unless there's some trigger manipulation.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how utterly ignorant a majority of gunshop employees are. Some are nice, but stupid. Others are too smart to actually help you. Even others are dishonest. Some even combine these traits.
But when I ask for a job they are never hiring.
Not saying im a wpns genius but i am an honest person with a desire for knowledge and i guarantee i know more **** not just about guns but about the English language than 90% of these **********. And they wonder why they still cant make money even since November.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Maybe the gun shop worker was thinking of the youtube video with the DEA agent who was the only one in the room professional enough to carry a Glock. :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
While there are plenty of reason to own an XD over a Glock...that clerk is an idiot. I have never heard of a Glock having an AD as it was being drawn from a holster. Generally, you hear the opposite...when the pistol is re-holstered, something (clothing, foreign object, etc.) snags the trigger and causes an AD.

My guess is that the store's profit margin on the XD's is much greater than the Glock, so they'll lose whatever limited credibility they had to begin with in order to push people away from the Glock to an XD to make an extra buck.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Yes, gun-store clerks are idiots. I have only met one in my life that knows anything about what he is selling. I actually had to correct (and prove my point) to one loser of a clerk about the XD, not being able to pull the slide back unless the grip safety was depressed.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
While there are plenty of reason to own an XD over a Glock...that clerk is an idiot. I have never heard of a Glock having an AD as it was being drawn from a holster. Generally, you hear the opposite...when the pistol is re-holstered, something (clothing, foreign object, etc.) snags the trigger and causes an AD.
Exactly my point, People have experienced ADs while holstering Glocks. I have not heard of that with XDs. I realize this is different than the fast draw scenario of the gun clerk fantasy, but the point is I consider an XD a safer weapon than the Glock. I would recommend the XD over the Glock any day.

I carry my XD for duty, I traded away my Glock.

Chapie+

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
At least you know the clerk was full of crap.
Think of the noobs who listen to these folks like they are knowledgeable!
Dang, think of all the newbies screwed-over by these guys.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I agree that an XD is safer than a glock but i strongly disagree with the clerk bashing one product to sell another. If a customer wants a glock please feel free to compare features between other models but bashing is bad for business.

There is no such thing as an AD only a ND.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Combine no external safeties plus a light trigger pull and you have a recipe for "accidents". A revolver also has no external safeties, but since you have a 10lb+ DA pull if it's uncocked it's safer than a Glock. The XD has a bit heavier trigger pull, a grip safety, and my 45 has the external thumb safety to boot. In fact I specifically got that model because it made the wife happier knowing it had a trigger safety, a grip safety, AND an external thumb safety. Otherwise I'd probably have gone with a 9mm for cheaper ammo and plinking.

I agree with the clerk's broader point, but he's not entirely correct, and I also think the way he was making his point was stupid. But if you're depending on people at retail to help guide you then you're already behind the curve anyways. Maybe he gets more commission on one gun vs another, or maybe Springfield is running some spiffs on XDs so he'll make whatever point he can (even if it's wrong) to lead to something else for no other reason than that it's more money in his pocket.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
XD may have an extra safety, but I don't see how it would prevent the scenario the Sales Rep was talking about. LOL Glocks 'unsafe' and will kill your kids hehe...

Now if he would have said 'the XD has a fully supported chamber and will pound through +P rounds that might otherwise explode a Glock... then I maybe could agree :-D

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
As John Stossel says..."get out the shovel!"

(could stories of many k-bs be next?)

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
374 Posts
Why would I quickly draw my glock in the presence of my kids or loved ones and have it pointed at them at any time during the draw? If I'm drawing my XD then I mostly likely would have the proper grip and would have the grip safety pushed in making the gun ready to fire.

Of course I'm preaching to the choir here but if the customer would've had any knowledge about guns then he should've known he was being insulted and should've given the clerk a piece of his mind.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts