Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short..

I bought the new HK45 and HK45c last week. Took them both and my XD-9 to the range today..

XD-9 = shots were hitting right at point of aim, and i was getting nice 2.5-3" 5 shot groups at 10 yards.

HK45(45c) = shots were hitting about 4 inches low and to the left of my point of aim, groups were anywhere from 5-7 inches.

I can't help but feeling i just wasted $1,800 bucks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You are comparing a 9mm to a .45. There will be a difference until you figure out their differences. I had the same issue when I got the XDm. Some practice and I learned how to control it almost as well as my XD9sc. Practice............

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.
2nd, perhaps a little break in time would be suggested for your HKs.
I rented HKs and didn't really care for them.
The only guns I've shot well, brand new out of the box, were my Sig pistols.
Perhaps you should give them a few more trips to the range......

I would've gone for the XD45 compact myself.
Then you could have a service and compact in the same pistol.

Good luck Bro............

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
practice, no two guns are the same, and the triggers are totally different

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I've had the same experiences, just in the opposite direction. I picked up an XD 45 Compact a couple weeks ago and have taken it to the range a few times and so far have about 300 rounds through it. At the same time, I also shoot my wife's Bersa 380CC (to keep it fit and trim and me comfortable with it as it will also be another carry option for me) and my USPc 9mm. I've had the HK for about 4 years and have a few thousand rounds through it, I am very comfortable with it and shoot good groups with it. I switch to my 45 and I'm not as good as I am with the 9mm, for several reasons which I'm needing to work on myself. For one, the 45 does have a more noticeable recoil than a 9mm, which is very manageable and easy to control. Due to this, any little errors I'm probably already making with my 9mm are exacerbated by the more powerful 45 with shots going more to the left. Plus, I've caught myself flinching on numerous occassions which pisses me off at myself, not as much as flinch as it is the BAD habit of 'throwing' the round down range with my wrist break.

I just don't see it as easily with my 9, plus, I'm also very used to the HK and still have to adjust to the XD and learn better trigger press. HK's are top notch weapons but that doesn't mean it may be for you, same applies to the XD as well. We all have different fits and feels for handguns and luckily, we have plenty to choose from.

Just my .02... I could be WAY off but again, just my opinion. :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I agree with everyone that posted so far. All guns will shoot a little different...I would venture to say even within the XD platform. And yeah 9mm to 45 is a very noticeable jump. Keep practicing and I believe that your shooting will correct itself. Give yourself some time to get used to your new guns. Good luck and don't start crying yet. Just give it some time!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Long story short..

I bought the new HK45 and HK45c last week. Took them both and my XD-9 to the range today..

XD-9 = shots were hitting right at point of aim, and i was getting nice 2.5-3" 5 shot groups at 10 yards.

HK45(45c) = shots were hitting about 4 inches low and to the left of my point of aim, groups were anywhere from 5-7 inches.

I can't help but feeling i just wasted $1,800 bucks.
You may just need more practice with the HK triggers. I'm assuming it's your first time taking them out, so put more rounds through them. Have fun. :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
This is a very sad story...... I was an HK wannabe. All my friends had them and so I was able to shoot them but could not justify the cost. Then I discovered the XD. I shot nearly every model of XD available and I was impressed.. So much so that I completely forgot about my obsession with HK and their $60 magazines and now I own a service 45 XD at about 1/2 the cost.

Of course with all the savings I was able to buy 500 rounds of remington JHP .45 and 2 additional 13 round magazines with extended base plates giving me 2 15 round mags and 2 13 rounders.

HK is a great firearm.. maybe one of the best out there but my XD shoots every bit as well for me as the more expensive HK.

You can always get rid of them and upgrade your existing XDs to the max:D

I feel for you.. good luck

·
Registered
29,661 Posts
HK is a great firearm.. maybe one of the best out there but my XD shoots every bit as well for me as the more expensive HK.
And that's what it all boils down to. I shoot my HK's & Glocks great; with my former XD-M, I couldn't hit for dung. I gave it several hundred rounds, and when it didn't come around for me, down the road it went.

It's not that the XD-M is a piece of junk--it's not--it's just that it didn't work for me. HK's and Glocks do. I know what to stick with in the future.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
HKs are no great shakes and not worth double the price of an XD.
I have an HK, I have Sigs, they are nice but not THAT nice over an XD or CZ.
This space reserved for folks to tell me why the HKs are so
great outside of Hollywood and video games:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts