Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install meprolights on my xd-9 5" tactical. I could purchase the sights , but here in hou.tx. its hard to find someone to put them on without waiting a month for turn around. Will it be hard for me to install them. :twisted:

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Its not hard if you have some mechanical ability. A vice, punches and a ball peen hammer are minimum on tools. Since you want the Meps instead of pounding them in use a file and fit them to the pistol. If this sounds like too much then... Any sight that is purchased through me comes with free installation and less than a 24hr turnaround time also return shipping of the lside is taken care of. All I would need is your slide and you can get it to me for 5.00. If you already have sights or you just bought the sights somewhere eles 15 buck will get you an install return shipping included.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well james, you gave me a bit of confidence. I have all the things I'll need. Will it be better to use brass punches?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Yep, brass is the way to go if you have one (or two). Punch them out from the ejection port side, and install the new ones from the other side. If they are really hard to tap off, put the slide in the freezer for an hour or so then try again.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips RDUB. Isee that I have a bit to learn from alot of XD fans. I'm glad I found this forum! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts