Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a new pistol. what should i get? i feel like i have pretty much everything i need--p3at for pocket carry, 642 snubby for pocket carry (in mika pocket holster), xdsc for iwb carry, CZ75b and XD9 service for target practice. i carry daily. i was considering getting rid of the P3at and SW642 and getting a smaller 9mm so all my guns are the same caliber. what do y'all think? LC9?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I own a pocket .380, if the LC9 had been out i would have gotten it. I held one at a lGS the other day and it seem like a good size for a small all purpose EDC. Fit in my pocket and i bet it would be nce IWB too. I"D would like too shoot one to see if my wife could handle it, she needs a smaller EDC. Good Luck with your buying!

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
another vote for 1911, but please for the love of ..., not a 9mm 1911 - that is just sacrilegious, gotta be 45acp the way John Browning intended. If you like the idea I'd suggest the Ruger SR1911, I'm still loving mine after almost 4 months - but they are getting hard to find, and prices have been going up.

Now you did say might want to stick with 9 like your others, in which case I'd suggest the Browning Hi-Power, younger smaller cousin of 1911, and designed as a 9mm.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
What about the Kimber Solo Carry? That sounds like the perfect cc
Maybe ...maybe hot ....who knows at this point ...the way Kimber is delivering the Solo to it's dealerships in drips and drabs.

I was strongly considering one even though the price was kind of steep. In the mean time I ended up considering other guns and went with a Kahr CM9 just bought yesterday which I think I will be more than satisfied with ...gauging by nearly unanimous high praise and reviews by PM9 and CM9 owners.

I also have a friend several states away who was committed to buying a Solo but has been waiting for one to be available, in his area, for a couple months now and just called me today telling me that he just ordered a Kahr PM9 for himself, which should only take a few days for him to receive.

In my opinion....Kimber is not doing itself any favors by releasing such low quantities of their newly released model ...the Solo ...in a much sought after handgun category ....allowing people to have second thoughts aboout getting one ...and in some cases at least ...perhaps many cases ...completely losing sales to it's competitors!

You might say that the Kimber Solo wouldn't be bought by someone like myself anyway ....but who knows how many 'new' KImber fans they may have had if they had released enough of their newest creations in sufficient quantities to satisfy the 'hungry' gun community?

·
Registered
829 Posts
A CZ Shadow aka the enemies 1911 ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thx for everyone's input so far. if i were to get a 1911, it would be in 45ACP. i just want a 9mm that is bigger than P3AT and can hold more rounds than 5-shot snubby. i am looking at the CZ rami, LC9, PF9, and kahr PM9. kimber solo carry looks nice but so expensive! oh, kahr is also expensive. maybe i should buy them all ;)

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think if the SHTF you would want different size ammo . I must have a few 22's a 357 which excepts 38 and my Kel-tec and XDM in 9mm

John

1 - 20 of 33 Posts