Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few in mind but haven't shot 10mm much at all, maybe like 20 rounds. I want one just to have one no other reason really. It wont ever be carried. It's purpose will be to shoot two liters out in my grove. I'm interested in the Para elite hunter 6". Next EAA 6", then colt delta and maybe a G20. The 10mm I shot before was a G20. It was compensated so I didn't much care for it but I suspect I would have liked it had it not been. I think the first three can be had for around a grand. I know what I'm getting with Glock but what about the others? Is a 10mm 1911 awesome or meh? (I suspect that was a stupid question) I like the idea of 15 plus 1 in the Glock and EAA but I do only have one 1911 at the moment. Anyone have trigger time with any other than the Glock, and are there great choices out there I should be considering?

·
Banned
0 Posts
All a great options, but I would get the g20 and use the savings to buy ammo or reloading supplies.

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Witness Elite Match.

I've owned a S&W 1006, Witness, G20, and the Elite Match...

The EM is the only one is get again.

Although, 10mm 1911's are fun...

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
G20 gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Witness Elite Match.

I've owned a S&W 1006, Witness, G20, and the Elite Match...

The EM is the only one is get again.

Although, 10mm 1911's are fun...
^^this

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
If you can find an S&W 1006 in decent condition, it will handle the full power 10mm loads that really demonstrate the potential of the 10mm round. The Glock 20 will handle them too. Otherwise you might as well go with .40 cal.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
If you can find an S&W 1006 in decent condition, it will handle the full power 10mm loads that really demonstrate the potential of the 10mm round. The Glock 20 will handle them too. Otherwise you might as well go with .40 cal.
As the former owner of a 1006...it is the 10mm I least liked.

I'd take a regular Witness or a G20 over one any day.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I've got the Witness Elite Mach in 45. Excellent gun, just outstanding.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I haven't looked into the 10's much but they're suppose to be pretty stout and capable of taking hotter loads with ease.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Just looked that one up...beautiful piece!
I paid 500 bucks for mine and the trigger is perfection, one of the best triggers I've ever felt on any handgun and it will shoot with any gun I own. Best 500 bucks I ever spent on a gun.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I paid 500 bucks for mine and the trigger is perfection, one of the best triggers I've ever felt on any handgun and it will shoot with any gun I own. Best 500 bucks I ever spent on a gun.
That's a great deal. It looks like it would cost much more than that.

·
Registered
892 Posts
What ever you choose for your first 10mm, the second one should be a S&W 610! Really sweet!!!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts