Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had the opportunity to take my new black rifle out to the firing range. It ran flawlessly through 80 rounds of Remington 55 gr. UMC, and punched 1/4" groups at 25 yards. I never once touched the sights, but may have to when I go out there again to try 50-100 yards. I'm in love with my M&P15 carbine. Now I just need to come up with an extra 400-500 dollar for an Eotech sight and another 500 or so dollars for lots of ammo!

For those of you looking into buying an M4 style rife, give the M&P15 some consideration. I seriously wish I had bought an AR first instead of my AK-47, but it's all good, I have one of each! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am currently saving up for an EOTech as well. I just replaced the standard hand guards with drop-in rails and I added a VFG. What can I say...I have a disease.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yesterday I had the opportunity to take my new black rifle out to the firing range. It ran flawlessly through 80 rounds of Remington 55 gr. UMC, and punched 1/4" groups at 25 yards. I never once touched the sights, but may have to when I go out there again to try 50-100 yards. I'm in love with my M&P15 carbine. Now I just need to come up with an extra 400-500 dollar for an Eotech sight and another 500 or so dollars for lots of ammo!

For those of you looking into buying an M4 style rife, give the M&P15 some consideration. I seriously wish I had bought an AR first instead of my AK-47, but it's all good, I have one of each! :mrgreen:
I just picked up an M&P 15 one weekago today and provided the guy i bought it from was honest about it ive put about 300 rounds down the tube without a single hiccup now u just need find a good deal on a slightly used EO or AP for it.

Which model did you end up getting. I got the Carbine version but the A2 FSB but ive picked up a set of Troy Battle sights and as soon as i can find some Troy 10" rails I am going to turn it in to the Tactical Model.

Congrats and enjoy that new rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Enjoy your new rifle! :) Whichever optics you end up choosing, it will only make things better. Mine's been good to me, a damned solid rifle.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked up an M&P 15 one weekago today and provided the guy i bought it from was honest about it ive put about 300 rounds down the tube without a single hiccup now u just need find a good deal on a slightly used EO or AP for it.

Which model did you end up getting. I got the Carbine version but the A2 FSB but ive picked up a set of Troy Battle sights and as soon as i can find some Troy 10" rails I am going to turn it in to the Tactical Model.

Congrats and enjoy that new rifle.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
thats the same one i got except they guy i got it from installed YHM Rails which i will most likely take off and sell once i order a set of 10" Troy FF rails and a LO pro Gas Block ive already sold off the Carry handle and the Dominator and picked up some Troy Front/Rear Battle sights. nice weapon enjoy shooting it. if you don't mind what you got in that thing.

here is a pic of mine

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
thats the same one i got except they guy i got it from installed YHM Rails which i will most likely take off and sell once i order a set of 10" Troy FF rails and a LO pro Gas Block ive already sold off the Carry handle and the Dominator and picked up some Troy Front/Rear Battle sights. nice weapon enjoy shooting it. if you don't mind what you got in that thing.

here is a pic of mine

That my friend is a sick weapon

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice looking set up you have there man! I'm looking for a rail system to replace the forearm that came on the rifle. I didn't think I would want a rail system for it, but I do want to add a light to it in case I have to take on the things that go bump in the night LOL! An Eotech sight system is the first thing I plan to buy for it though.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Thanks I picked up some troy battle sights the other day and I'm fixing order some troy 10" free float rails and ctr stock

It also it has a houge grip that I will replace with a MIAD
Pretty much sounds exactly how I want to build mine. Debating wether or not to go with the YHM or the Troy rails though. I'm dumping the FSB though for a Low pro block and a FFR that covers it. Going with the MIAD grip too.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Nice looking set up you have there man! I'm looking for a rail system to replace the forearm that came on the rifle. I didn't think I would want a rail system for it, but I do want to add a light to it in case I have to take on the things that go bump in the night LOL! An Eotech sight system is the first thing I plan to buy for it though.
if your interested once I get Troy rails I'd let the YHM DI rails go for say $115

Pretty much sounds exactly how I want to build mine. Debating wether or not to go with the YHM or the Troy rails though. I'm dumping the FSB though for a Low pro block and a FFR that covers it. Going with the MIAD grip too.
I haven't decieded if i want to just order the MOE grip its pretty much so the way i live it set up anyhow. Not to mention i wont have to keep up with the extra parts.

I am definintly sticking with the CTR over the MOE stock as I like the friction lock and and the built in QD sling mounts. although i am starting to rethink the Sling concept and moving to a single point sling

i had a guy teaching a combat rifle course basically explain why your sling is nothing more than a holser for your rifle. his main reason for this would be that in a combat application while clearing a room if your slung up it basically allows the opponent to grab the barrel of your weapon and then they have you on a short leash.

·
Registered
185 Posts
nice choice, i have the m&p 15t and it runs completely flawless. i have'nt added any optics yet, but i regularly shot sub 1" at 100 yds. if you get the chance, shoot some black hills ammo, the round performs well with the weapon.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
NAHC LIFE MEMBER

WE CAN ONLY BE WHAT WE GIVE OURSELVES THE POWER TO BE...

·
Registered
105 Posts

Does FFR stand for flip up front rail??

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
i had a guy teaching a combat rifle course basically explain why your sling is nothing more than a holser for your rifle. his main reason for this would be that in a combat application while clearing a room if your slung up it basically allows the opponent to grab the barrel of your weapon and then they have you on a short leash.
see how fast that opponent lets go when you shoot him :shock:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Love my M&P 15T! Never ever choked on anything I fed it. I did change the trigger to a RRA 2 Stage. The stock trigger is a bear.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
see how fast that opponent lets go when you shoot him :shock:
that could be easier said than done. especially when your coming around an corner and the BG is on the other side. the first thing trough the door would be your barre. once its through far enough t all he has to do grab bast the muzzle and he now has a perfect battering ram to beat your with. or he can use it sling your around in the door way. not to mention since your don't want to let go of your rifle (first instinct) he has an added ability to reel your in and start punching.

I was of the same mind set when he first said it as your but he demonstrated it made a believer out of me.

the guy that taught the Class is an actual high speed operator for the Dept of Energy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts