Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and refinished it, is there a how to on getting the frame back together?

I got the slide, thats a piece of cake. I lost my backstrap spring so SA is sending me another for free :D

I had a problem with my sear pin, it came out fine but only 85% of it goes in, anyone know what gives?

I was hoping to get it put together before I got Memphis in the morning, I HATE not carrying in that town. I guess if I get in trouble an old fashioned ass whooping will have to do.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Lost the firing pin indicator spring, or guide? I have lost them both almost a half dozen times.. I have always managed to find them though. A little trick for you next time, that was suggested to me by another forum member... take apart as much of the pistol as you can inside a large, clear, plastic bag. (bread bags seem to work pretty well for me.. I can get both my hands in there and still see what I am doing.)

If you lost the Firing Pin guide, you may be able to substitute the inside of a pen.. you know that little thing that lets the "clicker' click the pen in and out? That is actually a pretty close match. The spring inside your pen may work as well.. You just have to cut it down a bit... I have never actually shot my pistol with either of these makeshift parts.. but in my mania, after not being able to find the parts after a few hours.. I have experimented! LOL

Fortunately.. my girlfriend is driven.. and she always has been able to find the parts for me.. Here's another tip.. the parts never fly as far, or in the direction you thought they did.

Good luck!

Raymond

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The sear spring is a pretty hard one to put in incorrectly.. just point both "ears" up.. and let them rest where they are supposed to... well.. it's not as easy as that.. you have to kind of lift it up and over the ejector pin before the ejector pin is completely inserted.. I will bet you ten bucks that is where you went wrong. That is what gives the spring the tension against the sear.

Raymond

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
actually, the striker spring is not what I tried to replace with the spring from a pen.. it was the striker dampening spring that I tried to do that with... my bad..

I've consumed a small amount of alchohol tonight.. and yes.. my guns are all locked up!

Raymond

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I'd like to see pics of the refinished slide when you have a chance.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to follow the printed out directions of that backwards but I guess the pictures were fuzzy. It looks alot clearer on the computer.

I didnt have problem with the sear spring, the sear pin.

Thanks for the help yall, Ill have to try the plastic bag trick sometime.

agalindo: I will post some up when I get a chance, hopefully next week, this was my first time refinishing but I think it looks great

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I refinished two .38spcls with Norrell's Molyresin but still haven't gotten the guts to take apart and refinish my XD. I had pics of the first Charter Arms I did but the ISP that was hosting my pics shutdown and didn't bother letting me get the pics back down from the server before closing down. I'll see if I can find them somewhere on my laptop.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I messed up, not the sear pin, I am having trouble with the pin just below that. The skiny one.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Whats up with the ejector pin AkA small sear pin. You said it would only go in 85% of the way? When you push it in does the pushed in end touch the firing pin safety lever? and does the other end sit flush with the polymer frame rails? Or does it go in the frame and touch the firing pin safty lever but is too long and sticks out past the polymer rails? If you could post a picture or heck send me a picture and I can take a look at it. Now another question are you shure you have the right pin? if it too long then you might have the wrong pin.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ajamesp51 said:
Whats up with the ejector pin AkA small sear pin. You said it would only go in 85% of the way? When you push it in does the pushed in end touch the firing pin safety lever? and does the other end sit flush with the polymer frame rails? Or does it go in the frame and touch the firing pin safty lever but is too long and sticks out past the polymer rails? If you could post a picture or heck send me a picture and I can take a look at it. Now another question are you shure you have the right pin? if it too long then you might have the wrong pin.
Hey I got it! Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts