Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I sold off the last of my non-1911 .45ACP pistols in an effort to standardize on a single caliber (9mm) for all of my handguns. It went well for a few months, but I started getting the urge for a new carry gun, and something in .45ACP seemed pretty appealing.

I owned an XD-45 Compact for a while, but I wasn't a huge fan. I didn't NOT like it, I just didn't really like it either. I never really loved any of the XD-45s I owned... They just never seemed to "fit".

Since I've really become fond of my M&Ps I started looking at the M&P 9mm Compact, but the draw of the .45ACP was overwhelming. So, I ordered an M&P 45 Compact.

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive! :D

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Nice (i guess) ;)

Do you mind me asking what you paid for it? I'm considering taking a sip too.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$499 shipped from Bud's Gun Shop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice! I really like the M&Ps as well, and their compact ergonomics are a little better than the XD's IMHO as well. They feel just as good if not better than the XDs in my hand. What I like about the XD lineup is all of the safety features. Trigger safety, grip safety, and external thumb safety, although you can get that on some of the M&P 45's now too.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
How do you like the XD 40 and 9 but not the 45? The frame size difference is barely noticable? Anyway, congrats on the new gun!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was noticable enough for me I guess. The M&P 45 has less capacity, but it has a slimmer grip and the interchangable backstraps make it even better.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice choice. I love the way the M&P feels in my hand. IMHO it is the best feeling pistol on the market right now. How does the 45 compact compare to the 9mm compact in terms of size?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I enjoy the ergonomics as well as shooting my M&P over the XD. The recoil is lowered significantly. Lovely American made piece I don't think will disappear anytime soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just ordered an XDm9 but I have a feeling my next gun will be a S&W, either the .45 M&P or a .357 revolver. I really like the feel of the M&P.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice! I checked one out that a friend of mine had and I didn't care for it, but that's why there's lots of gun manufacturers around.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I have both the M&P full size 45 as well as several XD-45s and I don't consider one to be leaps and bounds better than the other, both are fine. The XD seems to me to be a notch better in all respects but nothing major.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Nice, iv got an M&P 9c that i love, with a firm grip there is almost no muzzle rise at all!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts