Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to add to the previous complaint.....I bought a sub about 2 years ago. Loved the gun and still do. I called them after the finnish started going away in about 2 weeks. Customer Service assured me that they would refinish it free of charge, when it got to the point of needing it. Since then I have bought 2 XD 357s and am responsible for many sales from guys trying them out.
I called Custojmer Service a few days ago and am still agast at what they told me. I was told " we only cover it if the gun wasn't abused, or left in a humid climate, stored in a holster OR it was (USED), used in a holster showing holster wear. In other words IF YOU USE THE GUN, INSTEAD OF LEAVING IT IN A CLIMATE CONTROLED ROOM, EVER HOLSTER IT OR CARRY IT....IT'S NORMAL USE OR ABUSE AND IS NOT COVERED. tHEY OF COURSE OFFERED TO HAVE THEIR TECHNICIANS LOOK AT IT AND DETERMINE IF THERE WAS NORMAL USE OR ABUSE. WHICH i WOULD OF COURSE HAVE TO PAY FOR. AND USE EQUALS ABUSE.
So don't use your guns guys. Apparently use equals mis use. I thought the fact that some guns had terrible finnishes was well documented. And they lie about the warranty. I'm selling them all and will urge all to do the same. Sigs and a 15 year old Berretta that was carried daily show almost no wear. Maybe I'll make a lamp post out of my XD. What a shame, a great gun, a warranty that doesn't esist and they lie about it. I'm done
i'

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
mysihba said:
to add to the previous complaint.....I bought a sub about 2 years ago. Loved the gun and still do. I called them after the finnish started going away in about 2 weeks. Customer Service assured me that they would refinish it free of charge, when it got to the point of needing it. Since then I have bought 2 XD 357s and am responsible for many sales from guys trying them out.
I called Custojmer Service a few days ago and am still agast at what they told me. I was told " we only cover it if the gun wasn't abused, or left in a humid climate, stored in a holster OR it was (USED), used in a holster showing holster wear. In other words IF YOU USE THE GUN, INSTEAD OF LEAVING IT IN A CLIMATE CONTROLED ROOM, EVER HOLSTER IT OR CARRY IT....IT'S NORMAL USE OR ABUSE AND IS NOT COVERED. tHEY OF COURSE OFFERED TO HAVE THEIR TECHNICIANS LOOK AT IT AND DETERMINE IF THERE WAS NORMAL USE OR ABUSE. WHICH i WOULD OF COURSE HAVE TO PAY FOR. AND USE EQUALS ABUSE.
So don't use your guns guys. Apparently use equals mis use. I thought the fact that some guns had terrible finnishes was well documented. And they lie about the warranty. I'm selling them all and will urge all to do the same. Sigs and a 15 year old Berretta that was carried daily show almost no wear. Maybe I'll make a lamp post out of my XD. What a shame, a great gun, a warranty that doesn't esist and they lie about it. I'm done
i'
Why would you urge everyone to sell his or her guns...? There is no logic to this comment. With all due respect, your conversation with Springfield is suspect. Who did you talk too? Did you speak with anyone else? Many on this board have had satisfactory experiences with customer service in this regard.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Frenchy said:
Why would you urge everyone to sell his or her guns...? There is no logic to this comment. With all due respect, your conversation with Springfield is suspect. Who did you talk too? Did you speak with anyone else? Many on this board have had satisfactory experiences with customer service in this regard.
what's suspect about his conversation?

if the owner feels he's gotten a sub-par quality item, and then tries to get the manufacturer to honor their published warranty, and they don't, why wouldn't he encourage others to heed the warning, unload them, and buy something that will have a warranty backed up by the company?

i may not totally agree with him, but didn't find anything offensive, or alarmist, to the post.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
so thats it? they tell you 1 thing and you give up? sounds half assed to me...

why dont you try calling the custom shop, they are the ones that do the refinishing and they (as of yet) havent given anyone any problems (that i can remember).

you are a fool if you believe ONE persons word, and disbelieve 40+ peoples experiences....

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
mst3kguy said:
Frenchy said:
what's suspect about his conversation?

if the owner feels he's gotten a sub-par quality item, and then tries to get the manufacturer to honor their published warranty, and they don't, why wouldn't he encourage others to heed the warning, unload them, and buy something that will have a warranty backed up by the company?

i may not totally agree with him, but didn't find anything offensive, or alarmist, to the post.
I'll stand by my statement!..I certainly would explore all avenues to solve my dilemma, before "throwing in the towel". I believe there is more here than meets the eye...But I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
34 Posts
mysihba said:
i'

From the Warranty Card that came with my XD9SC:

"This warranty shall not cover any damage or condition determined by Springfield to be caused by carelessness, negligence, misuse, normal wear and tear, or failure to properly maintain the product or unauthorized repairs or modifications."

So let's get this straight.

You allege:

1) Two years ago, you called the manufacturer about a finish problem with your pistol.
2) You were told "that they would refinish it free of charge, when it got to the point of needing it."

At that time, you decided it hadn't "got to the point of needing it."

Now, two years later, you decide it has "got to the point of needing it."

Essentially, you have decided that normal wear and tear does not apply, and that even though you have used the pistol for two years, any finish wear is a defect in workmanship that you identified and opted not to have taken care of by the manufacturer two years ago. Huh.

You call the manufacturer's customer service department and are told *exactly* the same thing as the above excerpt from the manufacturer's Warranty Card.

So, rather than send the pistol to be checked out by the manufacturer so a determination can be made as to whether the alleged problems with your pistol fall under the terms of the published warranty, you opt intead to make a complaint about the manufacturer on a public forum and accuse personnel of the manufacturer of being liars about the warranty that you apparently have not read, even though what they told you is exactly the same as that on the manufacturer's Warranty Card. You have also stated that "USE EQUALS ABUSE," based on what you were told by the manufacturer's customer service personnel, even though it is not readily apparent that you were told that based on what you've written (poor use of quotations notwithstanding). IOW, those are your words that you've attributed to the manufacturer.

It seems that the major problem you have with sending it back is that you may have to pay for shipping and the expectation that wear on your pistol will automatically be classified as "ABUSE."

IOW, right now, the only thing that is keeping the manufacturer from determining whether the pistol in question falls under warranty is your refusal to incur the expense of shipping it.

It also seems that two years ago you decided the finish was OK, but now have decided it "got to the point of needing it."

Based on this sentence, "I thought the fact that some guns had terrible finnishes was well documented." I suspect that you essentially assumed that since there had been complaints about the finish that had been taken care of by the manufacturer under the warranty that, no matter what, as soon as you decided you wanted to get yours refinished all you had to do was claim it was defective in order to have it done for free. Now, since it has become apparent that you may have made an incorrect assumption, you have chosen to slander the manufacturer in question.

Edited to remove inflammatory statement and to correct spelling.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
:roll: :roll:
Pithy commentary!...I've come to expect less...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I tried the same thing with my shoes. I ran about 240 miles wearing my running shoes in the 6 months that I owned them. I couldn't believe it when New Balance said they wouldn't replace the worn out soles and dirty exterior. Bunch of crooks.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
This Thread is worthless.....get rid of your SA products and STFU, then leave the forum!
+1

Damn Trolls.....

·
Registered
678 Posts
Far be it from me to agree with the two above me (see previous threads), but this time we are in the same boat.

I will pass on the stfu's and whatnot (for now :)) but I agree, if you don't like the gun, spend hundreds more and get a different gun with a different problem, however if you find one that is perfect for every human being on the planet, can you come back and let us know which one it was so we can give up all firearms we own to go and buy that one.

And as always, I will give you 5 bones for that worthless hunk of scrap metal (rust and all).

T

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks like we have more Glocktalkers here!

+1 on the STFU and leave! It gets sickening to hear this crap all the time!

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
Normal wear is not covered and deamed replacable. On all firearms the finish will wear no matter what, even on the Glock the finish will wear.

And Some sigs and berretas I have had showed wear after several hundred Draws from holsters. Have you seen some of the berretas the Army uses what finish...but they still work. If your xd still works and didnt rust what the hell is the problem. Ill offer 200.00 for a really worn xd.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Normal wear is not covered and deamed replacable. On all firearms the finish will wear no matter what, even on the Glock the finish will wear.

And Some sigs and berretas I have had showed wear after several hundred Draws from holsters. Have you seen some of the berretas the Army uses what finish...but they still work. If your xd still works and didnt rust what the hell is the problem. Ill offer 200.00 for a really worn xd.
I will take the other two at 200 Ea.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think GlockXDSC said it well! What do these people take us for? This is another obvious attept to try to take advantage of SA and trying to get a used pistol refinished for nothing. Then he wants to whine about the fact that SA is not just going to cave in, on just his say so, that the finish had a problem. Get a life! STFU and go somewhere else! :shock:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Too bad most of you took such offense to my post. I could care less if they dont' garantee the finish. Just don't tell me otherwise. They mislead me as to when it "would/might" be covered, so now it probably won't. I expect a little more integrety from a company as well as this forum so will leave with pleasure. If you guys think finish wearing in 2 weeks is acceptable I certainly wouldn't want to rock your boat. Hardly compares to wearing shoes for months. Glad some of you got to show your personal integrety and mentality. Should make ya'll feeling really proud and suppperior

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you'd sent the gun back at 2 weeks old when the finish supposedly went bad, they probably would have redone it for you. But you sat on a "defective" gun for 2 years using it who knows how much and you expect them to take your word that it was bad to begin with?

If you shoes start to fall apart in a week, do you wear them for a few more months and then claim that the stitching was coming out right after you got them, or try to return them asap?

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
mysihba said:
Too bad most of you took such offense to my post. I could care less if they dont' garantee the finish. Just don't tell me otherwise. They mislead me as to when it "would/might" be covered, so now it probably won't. I expect a little more integrety from a company as well as this forum so will leave with pleasure. If you guys think finish wearing in 2 weeks is acceptable I certainly wouldn't want to rock your boat. Hardly compares to wearing shoes for months. Glad some of you got to show your personal integrety and mentality. Should make ya'll feeling really proud and suppperior
Sorry mysihba...that won't wash. Common sense dictates that if you're observing abnormal finish wear within the first month, you act on it then...not two years down the road.
You're trying to get by on the cheap, and Springfield is calling you on it. If you like the gun so much you will send it in, but don't piss on our back and tell us it's raining.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts