Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But 16 is one better! Just picked it up today and loaded it 5 minutes ago. Why even sell 15 rounders? Are there some places where 15 is the legal limit?

·
Registered
415 Posts
New Jersey I believe is 15.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Polymerhead said:
Why even sell 15 rounders? Are there some places where 15 is the legal limit?
Probably not a legal limit - the 16 rounder is a different design (and possibly a different manufacturer) than the 15 round mag. I'll probably pick up a 16 (when I can find one) for evaluation - if there is any degradation in quality or functionality, 16 versus 15 isn't worth it for me.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope Springfield wouldn't put their name on the baseplate if there was any degradation of functionality. As far as quality is concerned, it seems to be made of the same steel and polymer as my other factory mags...though I must admit I haven't shot with it yet, nor have I dismantled it to compare springs.

Definitely difficult to load up without a mag loader, though!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have actualy been thinking about getting a ParaOrdnance P18-9 which has a capacity of 18+1. I am happy with my 15 rounders for the XD though. I do also have some of the modified Beretta magazines for the XD that Springfield was selling a while back, they hold 17 rounds each.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I posted on these mags a few weeks ago,
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=22672
they came with my new XD9 service, I've fired about 500 rounds so far with no problems at all, it was VERY hard to load all 16 rounds at first but they have eased up quite a bit now after leaving them loaded up fully for a few weeks, I even got 17 in one of them once by mistake when I wasn't looking at the indicator.

·
Registered
380 Posts
But i can hit what I shoot at. :D

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Now if burglars work in groups of 20 or more and with body armor........ :lol:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
As for 15 round limit, yes there are a few places, though probably not enforced, its on the books.

Cincinnati, Ohio

Other places are evading my mind at this time, this was the only one I could think of at this time.

But on the other hand, 16 + pearce 2s + shaved follower = $$$Bling$$$ 20 rounds!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hope you all vote and are thankfull you don't live in 10 round hell (California) and it is enforced I believe its a felony!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm,

If a 12 round 40 S&W mag holds 17 +1 of 9mm Luger, why wouldn't Springfield (or whoever makes the mags for them) drill some different holes in it and make a 17 round magazine? Do you have to modify the follower or feed lips at all?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just bought an XD 9mm. It was test fired 05-14-05, and it came with 10 rounders :shock: .

"But mine goes to eleven."
:lol:

Some bloaks will only load 10,
but where do you go from there? Nowhere, exactly, that's why mine go to eleven. -Nigel Tufnel

1 - 20 of 21 Posts