Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to make my x-mas list up and I'm probally going to order a few things online (buy as much as I can so I only have to pay shipping once), but I have one question about trigger springs.

I have read about how everyone changes the spring in the trigger for a better feel? My XD is the first and only handgun I have fired so you have to realize I don't really miss what I haven't tried. What spring kit should I get (Springer has like 3 levels). What does the new spring make the trigger feel like?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm just curious why change the trigger spring, unless you are going to shoot comp? I mean honestly the XD's need no mods, accept maybe night sights. I would rather take all the money spent on such things towards a new gun. Just my opinion!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just curious why change the trigger spring, unless you are going to shoot comp? I mean honestly the XD's need no mods, accept maybe night sights. I would rather take all the money spent on such things towards a new gun. Just my opinion!
Well that is kind of my question, I was not sure why people were changing the spring out. So thats one vote for no.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
IMO - if you have to ask this question, you don't need it. Spend some time with the XD as is, and then down the road as you become a better shooter you may see the need for a trigger job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts