Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
The war on southern statues is another example of the war on history. The rewrite going on in this case is; only the south was pro slavery and virtually no one in the south was against slavery.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
The war on southern statues is another example of the war on history. The rewrite going on in this case is; only the south was pro slavery and virtually no one in the south was against slavery.
Failing to learn from our History is planning to repeat it.

We (man) are slow learners.
History teaches us that fact.

Mans memory span is short.

I wholeheartedly agree with the assessment of the gentlemen who penned that article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,147 Posts
regardless of a persons take on slavery, one must observe that the cult of lincoln led tyrannical union perpetrated an irrevocably unconstitutional war against state soveriegnty by invading and overthrowing their duly elected and appointed governments.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
regardless of a persons take on slavery, one must observe that the cult of lincoln led tyrannical union perpetrated an irrevocably unconstitutional war against state soveriegnty by invading and overthrowing their duly elected and appointed governments.
It would be a bunch easier to make that claim if they didn't fire first.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
and here is another rewrite of history for political gain.
McVeigh wasn't a uniformed soldier. His actions weren't part of a larger military operation.
Lincoln agreed with you by the way that the harm done by the war, was not worth the benefit of freeing the slaves.
Personally, I think the south should have been permitted to leave, and then they should have been ground into the Earth economically with sanctions and what-not, but that is a major case of a 20-20 hindsight. Maybe that is what would have happened, but as I mentioned, the Southern Army shot first.

The truth of that War is one that is tremendously obscured by politics and preconceptions. That obfuscation is doing the World no favors.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
"Do not underestimate the destructive power of lies"! Holds true today in our current, political climate.

·
Premium Member
15,592 Posts
The truth of that War is one that is tremendously obscured by politics and preconceptions. That obfuscation is doing the World no favors.
So what exactly is it doing?

·
Premium Member
15,592 Posts
Failing to learn from our History is planning to repeat it.

We (man) are slow learners.
History teaches us that fact.

Mans memory span is short.

I wholeheartedly agree with the assessment of the gentlemen who penned that article.

So explain to me what that even means? How exactly do you "learn" from a past that you had zero involvement in and only have others "opinions" on the matter to go by?

I have no problem with the article. It's good... The only problem is, he learned it by living 93 years, and his views changed several time. (his insight is super interesting) What I'm saying is take the most obvious example everyone gets... Boy, if I only knew then what I know now... But we did know then. Old farts told us, we blew them off, and we only get it now because we are old farts.

The one thing all of us have learned from history is the undisputable fact that "People Suck" and we are capable of every dispicable act ever committed. Yet it is 100% completely unnatural to walk around every day as if someone is about to march you into a gas chamber. One day you might be right, but you could live 5-6-10 lifetimes being 100% wrong. All I'm saying is it's super easy sitting back and saying it, but living it is pretty darn unrealistic for a multitude of reasons.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Means we WILL do it again

Question is this time will we finish the job.

I am by no means walking around like I am worried some one is marching me in to a gas chamber.

I am however aware that there are those who would like too.

·
Premium Member
15,592 Posts
Means we WILL do it again

Question is this time will we finish the job.

I am by no means walking around like I am worried some one is marching me in to a gas chamber.

I am however aware that there are those who would like too.

And that's just it... We will do it again means "people will continue to suck". Ya, that's guaranteed. It's not like we stopped. At any given time, somewhere someone is doing something horrible.

As far as his real point... That people easily forgive their side and condemn the other... Well ya. Have you been paying attention to politics for your whole life? That's human nature... But holy crap, say anything critical of our team on this board... The cracken is released...

·
Banned
1,147 Posts
if human history of over 6000 years tells us anything about conflict resolution, its that no conflict is really ever resolved until one side of an argument ceases to exist. rarely if ever is that accomplished thru negotiation or thru treaties signed. those methods typically only ensure more generations of feud and war.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
if human history of over 6000 years tells us anything about conflict resolution, its that no conflict is really ever resolved until one side of an argument ceases to exist. rarely if ever is that accomplished thru negotiation or thru treaties signed. those methods typically only ensure more generations of feud and war.
we are on pretty good terms with Japan and England,

·
Registered
18,773 Posts
Troll

·
Banned
1,147 Posts
not certain whether i should be chagrin at the proposition you make of my comments being stupid, or feel elated at your presuming to give me benefit of doubt?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts