Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went shooting yesterday for the first time in 7 months. Took out the 1911 and some reloads that have been calling my name. I. WAS. AWFUL. I was shocked at how unsteady I was and at 10 yards I was pumping out 3.5 inch groups.

Piece of advice for everyone, don't let 7 months go by between shooting sessions, it is amazing how fast you can lose your skill level.

On the positive side I still am inlove with my Spartan and she fired like a dream.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
7 months??? Were you living under a rock? :shock:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Lol Im a poor b*****d and my house payment comes first... Ive gone longer than 7 months without shooting.

Cut the man some slack.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
7 months??? Were you living under a rock? :shock:
HAHA.

A few circumstances came in between me and my shooting. Winter in Vermont, my outdoor range isn't clear during winter and the indoor range was under construction. My 11 month old was really sick when she was 6 months old and we almost lost her so I tended not leave her during the weekends when I was not working (you tend to re-prioritize), and finding time to shoot seemed damn near impossible.

Now with all that said, I freakin missed shooting every second of every day and I think I shed a tear when I pulled the trigger yesterday. I will make sure a 7 month drought doesn't happen again.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
#

watch that, now on pactice dry firing at least 5 minutes a week for the rest of your life, preferably with some draws. Might make the difference between you or a loved one surviving down the road.

Good to see your back at it. As a former broke college student, dry firing will help a ton, but its no replacement for the real thing

·
Registered
300 Posts
Todd Jarrett IPSC Pistol Grip Lesson#

watch that, now on pactice dry firing at least 5 minutes a week for the rest of your life, preferably with some draws. Might make the difference between you or a loved one surviving down the road.

Good to see your back at it. As a former broke college student, dry firing will help a ton, but its no replacement for the real thing
I like the video. I never practiced dry firing my pistols until I bought my 1911- not sure why. it helps me a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts