Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, my local gunstore was out of Wilson mags, so for 30 bucks...I decided to roll the dice on the Kimber Kim-Pro Tac Mag. They are 10 bucks less than Wilsons and made in the USA.

I will be out at dad's ranch house all next week and plan on trying this mag in the Colt Combat Commander, Springer GI and Kimber TLE II.

Have a 30 cal ammo can full of 500-600 rounds, too.

This ought to let me know if these are worth it or junk. Just by looking at the mag...it is MUCH better built than the stock mag that came with my TLE II.

I'll let you know how it goes and if these are "safe" as worthy replacements for Wilson mags. I love my 5 Wilson mags, but its always nice to know if there are good alternatives.

Anybody else out there use the Kim-Pro Tac Mags?

-brickboy240

·
Registered
778 Posts
I haven't used the Kim-pro tac mags, but from what i have heard, they are much nicer than the stockers. I know the stock mag that came with my eclipse is nothing special. it works, but i have noticed while loading that it is pretty easy for the follower to bind.

From the people that I have talked to and what I have read the kim-pro tac's are similar to CMC's but still a little behind the Wilson's, but like I said no personal experience.

let us know how they work out for you, always good to have other options for decent mags.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I use only the ss Kim pro mags, just preference I guess but they seem much smoother to me and drop faster at reloads. As far as reliability I've never in the near 8000 rnds I've shot with these mags had any ftf or any other issues and they are built very nice compared to a lot of other mags out there.
Hopefully the quality is still there, I did buy mine like 4 yrs ago. I think I paid like 20.00 each for them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Kim-Pro mags are made by Checkmate and are very good mags for the money. Much better spring than the Wilson 47Ds come with.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I use the Kim-Pro Tac Mag as my carry mag. Flush fit, then a few 47-d's for back up.

no complaints I like them.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I once owned a Kimber CDP Ultra and had the one stock mag and two WC mags.
When I carried my CDP Ultra, I always used the stock mag with the flat floorplate.
I had no problems with any of those mags at all.
The Kimber mags was actually easier to load.

Not a Kim-Pro (or was it?) but just a standard kimber mag that people like to poopoo on.
Worked fine for me.:D

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
They are all I've used with my Ultra and no problems to date.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have four Kimbers, and many stock mags plus quite a few Kim-Pro mags too. They all function well. You can spend more, but I haven't found anything wrong with the Kim-Pro.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Kim pro tac mags run 100% in my ultra covert II. They have a nice finish. I dont see how you're rolling the dice with these? They are good to go!

·
Registered
3 Posts
also gambled with one...only $22 from my LGS....so far about 50 or so rounds through it with no problem...I also have two 47d's and 47 elite tacticals...I think I like the lips better on the Wilsons

1 - 14 of 14 Posts