Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Congrats on the Pro Carry II. I have the stainless version of the PC II & really like it. It shoots very accurately and eats anything I have fed it. I settled on the 230gr Remington Golden Sabers because of the more conical end for more reliable feeding. I did change out the recoil spring to the Wolff Spring part # 32725 (Springs for KIMBER Compact & Pro Carry Semi-Auto Pistols) since it is specifically designed for the PC II. Also I use Wilson Combat 47D mags. They are a lot better than the stock mags that come with the gun.

Like you, I was not impressed with the sights. I can handle the black rear sights, but the front black ones are hard to pick up, so this is what I did and it greatly helped.

I wiped off the front sight with rubbing alcohol to clean them & get the oil off. Then I took a strip pf masking tape & covered up the bottom half of the front sight. I then took some white auto touch-up paint (you can use any color you want) & painted the top half. After it dried, I put a second coat on & let dry. Remove the tape & you have a nice even white front sight that is easy to pick up. Did mine last year & it still looks new.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.