Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post I have comented on a few but never posted so here it go's I just got a kimber pro crimsen carry 2. A friend of mine bought it when we got back from afganistan and he shot it twice and did not like it so he just put it in his safe now we are getting out and he is getting married so he wanted to sell it i picked it up off him for only 800 took it out to the montains yesterday with 200 rds i did not have one problem but i was woundering is there a better sight for it then the all black ones thanks for reading

·
Registered
774 Posts
Congrats on the Pro Carry II. I have the stainless version of the PC II & really like it. It shoots very accurately and eats anything I have fed it. I settled on the 230gr Remington Golden Sabers because of the more conical end for more reliable feeding. I did change out the recoil spring to the Wolff Spring part # 32725 (Springs for KIMBER Compact & Pro Carry Semi-Auto Pistols) since it is specifically designed for the PC II. Also I use Wilson Combat 47D mags. They are a lot better than the stock mags that come with the gun.

Like you, I was not impressed with the sights. I can handle the black rear sights, but the front black ones are hard to pick up, so this is what I did and it greatly helped.

I wiped off the front sight with rubbing alcohol to clean them & get the oil off. Then I took a strip pf masking tape & covered up the bottom half of the front sight. I then took some white auto touch-up paint (you can use any color you want) & painted the top half. After it dried, I put a second coat on & let dry. Remove the tape & you have a nice even white front sight that is easy to pick up. Did mine last year & it still looks new.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for that and good to know about the mags i just got two more from kimber they are the 8 rd stainless ones i need to try them out and also he gave me a galco holster with it

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats on the new Kimber, but pics are needed...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts