·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mounting - Trijicon makes mounting adapters for many pistols, the Sig mount is made for SA XD/XDm and Sig. The plate uses the dovetail mount - it has a set screw to keep it secure, but as it is with the XD sights, the fit in the dovetail is so tight that the mounting plate needed to be installed with a sight press (a brass punch and hammer should also work). Here are pics of the mounting plate only on my XDm:

The Red Dot unit attaches to the mounting plate with 2 allen screws:

Here is my sight press - needed IMO to remove XD/XDm sights. I bought this 'universal' sight press from Brownells, and it's barely adequate for our XD's, as these sights are put in TIGHT:

Here is the removed factory rear sight - the front sight should remain on the pistol with the Red Dot unit.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Looks a lot like my Burris Fastfire on my XD .40

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Here's how it did first time at the range.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the Trijicon red dot is the same unit as the J-Point from JP Enterprises. Right now JP is selling them for $250 on their website, plus $40 for the dovetail mount.

I was thinking about putting one on my XDM-9, but I just put on a set of XS 24/7 Big Dot sights and I really like them so far.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Won't the weight of the sight on the rear of the slide cause more muzzle flip while shooting? This seems kind of ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
My first thought was why? There should be a problem before there is a solution! I just don't see the point to be honest. I hope you enjoy it, however I hope this is a range queen gun! Are you going to have time to turn on the optic in a SD situation? If the battery dies are you prepared for that? It would be cool if you could mount one of these and not remove the rear sight! To the OP are the groupings better for you now than they were with the original sights?

I figure this is not going to be your carry gun? I guess if I had the money to have a gun set up just for range play I would do it as well :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts