Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like them both so i'm not pitching one over the other. The XDS is hands down a higher quality gun. Is it worth $100 more than the Sheild? Thats subjective but in my eyes it absolutely is. Not because of the extras that come in the box, although that is a convenient bonus. It just has more attention to detail. More features. Those things cost money. They don't necessarily make a better gun but they do cost money.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Never shot the XDs9, but owned the XDs45 and sold it because I didn't care for it from day 1. Own the Shield 9 and like it a lot. But, we all have our preferences.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I have a shield and xds and I disagree.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have them both but my XDs is a .45 and the Shield a 9mm. I like them both and some things about both I like better. Sort of a toss up. I did shoot better with the XDs yesterday.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I have both XDs 9mm and Shield 9mm and go between both on EDC. Lately I prefer my shield in the summer. Both guns have truglo sights to maintain consistent. However, the shield has gotten my attention more often. Both guns gave good ergonomics and conceal great. If I were buying them for the first time, I would go with the shield and buy more mags and ammo with the savings.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I've shot the xds a lot. I really really wanted to like it. But I just couldn't. The shield I loved immediately! With the savings you can grab a nice holster, defense rounds, practice rounds, AND talon grips.

·
Banned
0 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Be more specific. Are you talking about quality , features . or whether or not the features are worth the extra $100? Or are you just trying to break my balls , Carl?
Not breaking balls your entitled to your opinion, however I do not think that the xds is worth the extra money or is of higher quality. The XDS feels like a rock to me as the shield feels as if it was designed to fit my hand perfectly. In addition, the shield seems to easily sell above msrp and seems to stay in collections, as the XDs can always be found in the for sale section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Be more specific. Are you talking about quality , features . or whether or not the features are worth the extra $100? Or are you just trying to break my balls , Carl?

Lol, because you were so specific about what you thought was better in your original post right?

I own a shield, always envied the xds until I finally got to shoot one. Friend got one the moment the lgs got one in stock. I was so excited to shoot it that I couldn't stand it. I finally did and I was pretty disappointed. Trigger was much worse IMO, grip was too aggressive (hurt to shoot for long) and shorter which I didn't like because it was harder to hold. Those were my complaints with the xds, can you be more specific about the quality you think is incorporated in the xds that the shield does not have? Forget all those janky extras (although they're nice, just not 100 dollars nice), I want to know more about this quality the m&p lacks.

Like another said, it's all about preferences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol, because you were so specific about what you thought was better in your original post right?

I own a shield, always envied the xds until I finally got to shoot one. Friend got one the moment the lgs got one in stock. I was so excited to shoot it that I couldn't stand it. I finally did and I was pretty disappointed. Trigger was much worse IMO, grip was too aggressive (hurt to shoot for long) and shorter which I didn't like because it was harder to hold. Those were my complaints with the xds, can you be more specific about the quality you think is incorporated in the xds that the shield does not have? Forget all those janky extras (although they're nice, just not 100 dollars nice), I want to know more about this quality the m&p lacks.

Like another said, it's all about preferences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I didn't say the Shield lacks quality. I said the XDS is higher quality. Lets start with sights. The white insert fell out of the front sight on my Shield and now i need new sights. No such problem with the XDS . If it does happen Springfield has supplied two kinds of replacements. Slide to frame fit on the XDS is much smoother and easier to guide and rack. Better rails i guess. Mags fit flush and are higher quality on the XDS. About the only area where the Shield matches the XDS in terms of quality , imo, is the slide and components of the slide. That being said , i in no way claim the XDS is a better gun. Im just pointing out its more than the gear and case that make the XDS more expensive.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have both XDs 9mm and Shield 9mm and go between both on EDC. Lately I prefer my shield in the summer. Both guns have truglo sights to maintain consistent. However, the shield has gotten my attention more often. Both guns gave good ergonomics and conceal great. If I were buying them for the first time, I would go with the shield and buy more mags and ammo with the savings.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
This makes perfectly good sense if you are looking for your first carry/home defense weapon to go with the Shield as cost is a very important factor. Both are excellent pistols! I might of went this path too except when I was looking for my first carry gun the Shield was new and a very hot item, thus could not be found. I bought the XDm sub compact instead and have not regretted it one bit!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts