Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am looking for a really nice pack for camping and hiking in the fall. I want a Kelty but I know there are other brands that are just as good. Any way I am looking for a large EXTERNAL Frame pack with 5,000+ Cubic inches of volume inside. I want to be able to go on 5+ day hikes so I need something to carry all my gear, ammo, water, food etc. and the External Frame to tie my shovel, axe, etc to. I have been looking everywhere and have not found one yet, any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like something similar to the Kelty Tioga 5000 or Kelty Super Tioga Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think that while there are other brands out there, nowadays, Kelty is the way to go for external packs.

I used to carry an external frame and then was enlightened to the internal. Most of them these days have gear loops to boot that you can tie your shovel, axe, etc to and their suspension systems make those long hauls much more enjoyable. I made the switch and will never go back. However, if external is what you like, then by all means go for it! I had a kelty for years and loved it. You won't be unhappy.

Just my .02!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts