Springfield XD Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I got a response...

"The information I was given is that Olight, Streamlight and Viridian make lights that will fit on the Hellcat accessory rail. Unfortunately, we don’t have the specific model information on these lights"

I'm sure we can guess which ones so there you go as far as what SA knows about which lights fit.
I got a response...

"The information I was given is that Olight, Streamlight and Viridian make lights that will fit on the Hellcat accessory rail. Unfortunately, we don’t have the specific model information on these lights"

I'm sure we can guess which ones so there you go as far as what SA knows about which lights fit.

I too called CS for info on my MOD-2 compact about a light and I got the typical lawyer cya statement that I should check with various manufacturers on what will work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess it depends on your definition of "fit'

You will have to shave down the locking bar, consider shaving down the activate buttons, and accept that it will hang out in front of the barrel by about a 1/4". If you're good with each of those caveats, then yes it will 'fit'

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went and played with a hellcat last night. The problem is the hellcat.

The 1913 rails are not correct - the problem is the slot in it is not cut wide enough or deep enough. I compared it against my XDs, and an HK. The Hellcat I was handling wouldn't even fit the 1913 lug on my Olight. It had to use the Glock lug because of the width being too narrow. This alone will prevent almost every Pic accessory from working correctly.

The easy fix without needing to mod anything is to remove the locking lug and use just the allen screws on the light instead.

There are also videos on Youtube of people fitting the O-Light PL Mini 2 on a Hellcat without any modification or 'nonstandard' installation required.

The Viridian C5LR will also fit, but being a Laser/Light combo, it's BIG, and the light is only 100 lumens constant and 140 lumens strobe. The PL Mini 2 is 600 lumens (The PL Mini is 400)

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
I have a PL Mini 2 in and yeah it doesn't snap onto the rail with the GL locking lug. I'll try the screw only method. Wonder why they wouldn't make the valley deeper on the hellcat if it's advertised as "standard accessory rail"

61 - 70 of 70 Posts