Springfield XD Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ll email them again asking if maybe there is a light within their selection that is close enough to the size of the CTL in hopes that maybe the holster will fit the Hellcat/CTL setup.

I also sent emails to Tier 1 and T-Rex arms holster companies. T-Rex got back to me with a negative response stating they’re not planning on acquiring a blue gun model of the Hellcat in the near future. And I’m still waiting on a response from Tier 1.

Several holster companies make holsters for the Glock 43. Not too many companies make holsters for the Viridian C series. But I’m curious if anyone here can confirm if there may be workarounds.

For example, the TLR 6 is roughly 1/4” smaller in width and a 1/4” longer but almost the same height. And I also recognize the Glock 43 is really close to the same size as the Hellcat in terms of upper receiver (the part that actually goes inside the holster)...so naturally I wonder if a holster setup for a Glock 43/TLR 6 would work with the Hellcat/CTL. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

In the meantime, this is the general email I received from Legacy:

Good morning,
Unfortunately we do not support the Crimson Trace and or the Viridian lines.

Kyle K.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I looked at Legacy’s return policy. That’s a no, you cannot return anything, and I’m not willing to shell out the bucks for something that may not work if I can’t return it. That said, I received a response from Legacy:

Good morning,
We cannot guarantee fitment unfortunately. Our molds are CNC that are made based upon the actual firearm and or firearm/specific light combination. So although the measurements may be the same, the actual shell of the light is what matters most. Small indifferences can cause it not to work. So if you decide to purchase a holster, We could not guarantee fitment as we do not support the CT/Viridian models.

Kyle K.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spoke with a rep from Tier 1. They don’t offer anything for the Hellcat and they don’t offer anything for Viridian. However, their return policy is better than Legacy. They would likely charge a $35 restocking fee. So I suppose I could buy their AGIS elite model meant to fit a Glock 43/TLR 6 combo and see if it fits, and if not, I’m out $35. If so, I may have solved some curiosity issues for myself and maybe some folks here. I’ll report back with my findings.

In the meantime, I’ll patiently await anyone’s experience about my recent inquiry dealing with whether the hellcat fits in a Glock 43 holster.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I reached out to the Holster company Gearcraftholsters. They also stated they could make me a holster for my Hellcat with a TLR-6. I will upset when it is done

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good find, VMS4!

I had already ordered the Cooks holster and will post pics when it arrives, but if it’s not suitable, I’ll definitely be looking into Gearcraft.

thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Black Rhino offers the Hellcat holster with a number of lights, I pretty much use these guys for all my holster needs now... if they do not offer the holster you need and you email or call them they will set something up for you to ship them the light they’l mold it and send you back your holster and light: ACS - Springfield

I’m sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know if the Surefire xc1 fits the Hellcat? Never seen this light in person only know its the smallest surefire makes.

·
Registered
29,565 Posts
Black Rhino offers the Hellcat holster with a number of lights, I pretty much use these guys for all my holster needs now... if they do not offer the holster you need and you email or call them they will set something up for you to ship them the light they’l mold it and send you back your holster and light: ACS - Springfield

I’m sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know if the Surefire xc1 fits the Hellcat? Never seen this light in person only know its the smallest surefire makes.
I doubt the XC1 will fit; it wouldn’t fit my VP9sk...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Via this thread (which is the best I could find at the moment), 2 lights are confirmed to fit the Hellcat. The TLR 6 meant to fit on the Springfield XD mod-2 part number 69291 and the Viridian C series. That includes the C5L and the CTL, both confirmed to be the exact same size and shape. I spoke with a rep from Viridian to confirm this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After I posted the link to Cooks holsters, I was continuing to email them about my inquiry. This consisted of confirming they do in fact offer a holster that fits the Hellcat/C5L combo. At first, since I was inquiring about the CTL, they got back to me stating they cannot guarantee fitment and requested that I ship them my CTL. Then I responded stating that the CTL and the C5L are exactly the same size and shape. The next day, they removed the option for the C5L from their drop down list of lights. It was confusing, so naturally I emailed them again and they did confirm that they will be able to make a holster for that combo. It’s being made for me and their lead time is two weeks. I ordered one last week. I will post pics once I receive it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
After I posted the link to Cooks holsters, I was continuing to email them about my inquiry. This consisted of confirming they do in fact offer a holster that fits the Hellcat/C5L combo. At first, since I was inquiring about the CTL, they got back to me stating they cannot guarantee fitment and requested that I ship them my CTL. Then I responded stating that the CTL and the C5L are exactly the same size and shape. The next day, they removed the option for the C5L from their drop down list of lights. It was confusing, so naturally I emailed them again and they did confirm that they will be able to make a holster for that combo. It’s being made for me and their lead time is two weeks. I ordered one last week. I will post pics once I receive it.
My Cooks holster for my Hellcat took 5 weeks to arrive. Compared to my Crossbreed Reckoning, it was 1/4 inch thicker than it should have been. I wore it for a day and it has been sitting in my drawer ever since.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Cooks holster for my Hellcat took 5 weeks to arrive. Compared to my Crossbreed Reckoning, it was 1/4 inch thicker than it should have been. I wore it for a day and it has been sitting in my drawer ever since.
Yeah, I’m working on week 5 now...I started wondering if there was a delay because of this bullshit flu scare or what. After reading your post, maybe that’s just how they do business. I’ll look at the crossbreed, but I was having a challenging time finding one that fits the Viridian. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am all about thinness these days. I have tried a couple of lights and they all seem to add to width so all a no go for me. Very pleased with the weapon though. Have fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Shooter9,

Do you have a link for the TRL-6 Rail Model you purchased? I want to get the same one but I want to make sure I get the right fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, I finally got my cook’s holster for the hellcat/viridian CTL combo. It took about 9 weeks, and when I received it, it was wrong so I had to send it back. ‍♂

I asked for it to be cut for an optic, it was not. So although they told me once they receive it, they would send it back to me the very next business day. We’ll see I suppose, but I imagine it’ll take a week to get there and then another week to get back, so ultimately I’m looking at an 11 week wait time. That’s way too long. I’ll post again once I receive it a second time in the correct configuration.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Cooks Holster. I now live by the adage "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." Never again.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts