Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here are a few pics. The last one is of the light and laser in a pitch black garage. Not the best pics but hope they help you.
Yea that's the only confirmed light right now. Hopefully more companies will have something for the Hellcat soon. The way they're selling more people will want to utilize the rail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Johny. Very helpful, particularly the one that shows the width. I guess I will just wait and hopefully someone develops a thinner model. Width is one of the main reasons I went for the HC so I will just do without a WML for a while... maybe look for an EDC light instead. thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The pic on page one of this thread shows the Olight PL Mini 2 as sticking out a good amount past the muzzle and I have seen various pics that makes it look even wider than the C5. Is that correct?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I liked the O light because of the quick release and installation. I could put the light on quickly before bed and take it off in the morning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
IMG_4757.jpeg IMG_4756.jpeg
I ended up purchasing the Streamlight TLR6 Railed model. The Viridian C5 just looked too wide to me. The TLR6 is 1.02 inches wide about the same width as the frame just behind the rail, which is 1.01inches. Not sure I will keep it or not. IMO, one of the big strengths of this gun is its width and despite the thin profile to the TLR6, it still adds too much bulk. A light that attaches without the rail would be a better design IMO just to keep it thin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 725395 View attachment 725397
I ended up purchasing the Streamlight TLR6 Railed model. The Viridian C5 just looked too wide to me. The TLR6 is 1.02 inches wide about the same width as the frame just behind the rail, which is 1.01inches. Not sure I will keep it or not. IMO, one of the big strengths of this gun is its width and despite the thin profile to the TLR6, it still adds too much bulk. A light that attaches without the rail would be a better design IMO just to keep it thin.

Yeah it's definitely adds to the size which is the main reason for buying the Hellcat. I just got a holster for my hellcat with the c5 and 1. It was extremely hard to get one made properly and 2. Its pretty bulky. I may just end up getting the opitc ready version of the hellcat and go without a light for now until something very small is mad3 for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I run the tlr6 on my glock 43 and xdsc. It is a awesome light now that I know that it fits I'll run that all day long.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had the C5L for about 4 years on my XDS-45 and don't regret a thing about it. Yes it is a tad bulky but the Enhanced Combat Rediness makes the unit worth its bulk. To be able to draw and have the laser, light or both turn on automatically is a huge plus for me. Whitehat Holsters makes awesome hybrid holsters. I use it for my XDS and they offer an option for the Hellcat. Sorry kydex guys. But I'm looking into buying the hellcat and attaching my C5L and buying another whitehat holster for the gun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
IMG_20200202_154103_761.jpg

I also used the tlr-6 rail. It's not perfect, but it will do until something else fits better. Now just need to find a holster for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello just curious if you bought the springfield XD version of the tlr6 rail or something else? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Viridian CTL is the same size as the C5L.

I just sent an email to Legacy Firearms Co. They offer a holster called Light Bearing Hyperion. On their drop down menus on the ordering page they have a nice list of lights. However, they don’t offer anything Viridian. They do offer one that fits one of the TLR 6 models, the one meant for the Glock 43, not the 69291 model as previously posted.

Once I get an email response from them, I’ll come back here and keep you guys updated.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts