Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Hellcat and find out the Springfield Armory marked Insight XML / X2 light doesn't fit. Now I know they're no longer made, but this light has fit on every single small railed pistol I've owned. Springfield Armory started the trend with the small rail with the XD Subcompact and that light in particular. It seems the rail space is smaller than the norm so I'm wondering what lights actually fit on there now.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called SA and the CS rep didn't know about any lights that would work with the Hellcat rail. I explained how my Insight XML doesn't lock in the notch and that the Viridian that is on their promotional shots is the only one confirmed to work. She put me on hold, talked to her supervisor and then told me they'd e-mail a list of lights that will work with the Hellcat rail.

She said it was a "universal rail" but it's obviously not as universal as it's supposed to be. If anyone has a Hellcat and a TLR-3, I'd appreciate it if you could check to see if it locks in like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a response...

"The information I was given is that Olight, Streamlight and Viridian make lights that will fit on the Hellcat accessory rail. Unfortunately, we don’t have the specific model information on these lights"

I'm sure we can guess which ones so there you go as far as what SA knows about which lights fit.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought a TLR-3 and although it technically fits with the "F" insert, the rail clamp overhangs way too much. Looks like I'm crossing off another light. I don't understand why they made it so short. The XDsc and XDS have the proper length...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just called them again and now they're saying only the Viridian C5 laser/light combo and E series laser works. They said they're still testing lights and are working with manufactures to make them for this pistol. A real shame that this gun is creating another rail size when it seems the type on the XDsc and XDS worked just fine. They should remove the statement that it has a "Standard Rail" from the Hellcat description.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just called them again and now they're saying only the Viridian C5 laser/light combo and E series laser works. They said they're still testing lights and are working with manufactures to make them for this pistol. A real shame that this gun is creating another rail size when it seems the type on the XDsc and XDS worked just fine. They should remove the statement that it has a "Standard Rail" from the Hellcat description.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This Olight looks like a pretty good fit.

It does seem to work even if it's hanging over the end a bit. I'm personally looking for a light that can be changed out by hand. My XML with LED bezel was king in this area and the TLR-6 would of sufficed, but neither one works.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The way it has to be set up in position with it's slide-to-fit feature and the rechargeable battery keeps it off my list. I just want it to go on and off quickly without any fuss.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Newbie here. My first post. Streamlight's website documents that their TLR-6 will fit on Springfield XD, XD(m) and XD MOD.2 Railed guns. Do we know if that means the TLR-6 will fit the Hellcat?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I contacted Streamlight and this is what they said.

"No we do not and as far as we know nothing is in the works due to size.

Regards,

Jer"

I ended up buying the Viridian C5L from Amazon for a little over a hundred dollars and it fit perfectly. Now just need to find a holster for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Johnny. Questions:
1. The C5L looks like a nice fit but I can't tell about the width. Is it wider than the Hellcat slide/frame?
2. The CTL has no laser. Do you know if its form factor is any smaller than the C5L, particularly in width?
3. 100 lumens is not much. It is better than nothing, but just wondering if you find it adequate?

·
Registered
15 Posts
1. It is slightly wider but not much.

2. Not sure only bought the C5L because thats what Springfield told me would be the best fit, so I didn't look into the others.

3. Its adequate. I compared it to my streamlight on my M&P and its not much if any difference.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts