Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With cooler weather coming in I'm switching to owb but my current holster is destroying the finish on the slide. I'm hoping a good leather holster will work better. I know nothing of leather holster makers help me out please. Looking to carry my xd9sc Lefty

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
All holsters wear the finish over time, Personaly I only use one klydex and its for my xdc 45, the rest are leather , can't go wrong with des anti or galco, tenn holster company is on this forum, haven't tried him yet but has good reviews

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
I got a belt slide from Tennessee Holster for my XDm. It's exceptionally well made and materials are top-notch. The only downside is that its very tight and just won't loosen up...the leather is very thick. Pulling the gun out results in a wedgie unless I use two hands...not speedy. Fortunately it fits my P220 very well so I've used it to carry that.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Zlogonje Gun Leathers is a site sponsor. I have two of his leather holsters and they're amazing. Fit and finish is excellent and his prices are very competitive. His pancake holster is my personal favorite.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Zlogonje Gun Leathers is a site sponsor. I have two of his leather holsters and they're amazing. Fit and finish is excellent and his prices are very competitive. His pancake holster is my personal favorite.

I second the Zlogonje Elemental. Best leather holster I've ever owned. The photo is my G19, and I'm ordering another for my G22. Excellent retention & rides nice & tight to my body with a good gun belt. I can't say enough about Dan and his holsters. Well worth the wait ;)

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I got a belt slide from Tennessee Holster for my XDm. It's exceptionally well made and materials are top-notch. The only downside is that its very tight and just won't loosen up...the leather is very thick. Pulling the gun out results in a wedgie unless I use two hands...not speedy. Fortunately it fits my P220 very well so I've used it to carry that.
Please send us an email and we will get you some silicone in the mail ASAP..I take it that you followed the directions with a plastic bag ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I decided and just placed my order I went with the High ride belt slide gun holster from them.

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
That's the one I got too. Very nice piece, you'll like it.

I did the plastic bag trick...several times and for days longer that suggested. It has maybe loosened up a small bit, but still very hard to get the gun loose. The instructions specifically say not to use any oil on the leather so I've just been trying to work it softer by using it and wearing it whenever I can, usually around the house.

Can't argue with the retention!

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Tennessee if you want owb no retention

If you want leather retention bianchi Carr y lock is fantastic.

Gotta say though owb I would also consider a raven phantom or safariland GLS (cheapest of my suggestions and a very well made retention holster) neither are leather.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts

Not a sponsor anymore.

But I will still buy from them one day when I have the extra dough.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Not a sponsor anymore.

But I will still buy from them one day when I have the extra dough.
Oh! Whoops! Didn't know that changed. That being said, theyre holsters are still awesome!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Off the Grid Concepts makes very good Kydex holsters. They are a little pricy, but you get what you pay for. I would estimate a few thousand holster draws and very minimal wear to the finish on a Sig P226.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Yeah, I go through the gallery and drool over them from time to time.
You won't regret getting one. My most recent purchase from him was his premium pancake holster that I wear during jacket weather. I wish it was cold year round here. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Yeah, I go through the gallery and drool over them from time to time.
You won't regret getting one. My most recent purchase from him was his premium pancake holster that I wear during jacket weather. I wish it was cold year round here. Lol

I agree with rharp!

My wife and I just celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary, and the 'gift' is leather. She got a new pair of cowboy boots and I am ordering a Zlogonje holster for my Glock 22 lol.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I agree with rharp!

My wife and I just celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary, and the 'gift' is leather. She got a new pair of cowboy boots and I am ordering a Zlogonje holster for my Glock 22 lol.
Atta boy! Lol! My wife got mine for our 4 year! Keeper

1 - 20 of 25 Posts